Girls gone WET and WILD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
Yay!! The rest of the pictures came today! I thought Patty looked so sharp in her Dressage coat and top hat, with a white shirt and orange striped tie for turnout. Sunny is wearing her beautiful CDE leather harness from Ozark and hooked to the Jerald with 30" wood wheels and the patent boot removed.

DSC_1247.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

At the Prelim level, you only get 30 cm clearance on cones!

DSC_3024.jpg

On to Marathon. The girls had 7.4km to cover in 45 min, with 6 hazards/4 gates per hazard. Problem is, when you have a well conditioned mini, the VSE times are REALLY slow--Patty had to walk the entire last 500 m to come in on time. Sunny is one of the most athletic horses I have ever met. I am constantly blown away by the stride this mare has, and her willingness to GIT ER DONE!!!

DSC_2165.jpg

DSC_2171.jpg

DSC_3707.jpg

DSC_3706.jpg

DSC_3713.jpg

DSC_3715.jpg

Sunny is wearing her Chimacum Tack Sport Harness, hooked to a Bellcrown MiniMarathon cart

Last edited by a moderator:
Best for last. THE WATER HAZARD!!!

Organizers said it was 6-8" deep. Hmmm....what do you think?

DSC_2179.jpg

DSC_2181.jpg

DSC_2188.jpg

DSC_2191-1.jpg

DSC_2193.jpg

I was waiting to see these after reading the first post!! They look great in dressage, and I absolutely love that last photo, they both look like they're having a blast! Sunny is a brave one to dive into that water!! Thanks for posting the photos!

Those are the coolest pictures! You both look to be having so much fun...

Thanks for sharing...

[SIZE=12pt]Oh wow, that looks like sooo much fun!
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

(if only they were close over here...)
default_yes.gif

Sunny is gorgeous, i'm in love!
default_wub.png

I'd like to ask though if you don't mind,
default_blush.png

why is she in a different bit for the Dressage & Cones then the Marathon?

Thanks!

Ashley, she is in a Liverpool with a straight bar in Dressage, and in a high port Mylar for marathon. It was an error in judgement--I switched bits the morning of the show. Patty has been at college and not had a chance to work with Sunny much. Sunny can be a pain about collecting, so I put the reins on the second notch for more leverage.

Big mistake!!! I should have left her in the Mylar she and Patty are used to working in. Here is Sunny the first part of her dressage test:

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1220.jpg

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1223.jpg

This is a great set of shots showing classic overbending/evading the bit. The girls worked out their differences and got a lot better as they went through their test, but they were both pretty ticked off at the end of dressage. Things improved A LOT in cones and marathon!

Wow, Pam, they look FANTASTIC!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Wonderful, wonderful turnout and you can see Sunny's heart.
default_wub.png
I guarantee you Kody would not have dived into unfamilar deep water like that.
default_laugh.png
Good for her and for Patty for driving so fearlessly. I actually think you may have something with that liverpool in dressage, that's the first time I've seen Sunny round up. Have you tried using it on the gentler rough cheek setting or first notch? It might be worth experimenting with to see if we can get something in between.

Again, great job and fantastic photos. I can't believe Patty's old enough to be away at college already.
default_wacko.png

Leia

Leia, that's what I've been doing to work her. Rounding has been the most difficult problem for us, and we're really getting there. Patty would have had a better go if I'd left it on the first slot. I wanted Patty to take her Prelim because I have a terrible time remembering hazards on the marathon. Seriously. I barely make it with 3 gates. Anyone know a REALLY small navigator??

I have to say I am just blown away. Pammy Poo, I just cannot believe that is Patty so grown up!!!!!!! Where on earth has the time gone? I'm just at a loss.......she's fabulous. Great pics, great horse and oh my word, Patty is amazing. Please send her big hugs from me.

Oh wow that looks like SO much fun! They look great, that water hazard looks pretty intense though!

I would love to try a CDE someday, just have to get my horse hitched first.
default_rolleyes.gif

Patty and Sunny Look great - it sounds like you guys had a BLAST - maybe next year I'll attempt some of this with Spoofer. Now that we are really starting to go I plan on paying more attention to the NTWC events cal and see about expanding outside the show ring with my little man.

And poss one or 2 more buy years end...
default_wacko.png
I think I've truely gotten the driving bug now Katie isn't sure what happened to her comfortable life of being a loved pet and sometimes broodmare to the very begining stages of bitting and working... whats WORK - I think she's said that more than once now... LOL

I am glad you guys had a good time and great pics!!

Sorry Leia
default_new_rofl.gif
Less mud in TX - I refer to this 'stuff' as TX gumbo when dryed on you boots its like concrete - if you DO visit TX I'd love to say
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back