Getting responces from ads that are

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhHorsePee

Reaction score
I have been getting all sorts of responces from ads that appear to be spammers. Here is my latest and there is a little sign beside their addy saying they are "DomainKeys Verified."

"Good Day,

I saw your advert posted an am so much interested in buying your Horse.. firstly i will like to know your last asking price for it and i also hope its in good health condition.. so get back to me ASAP and i look forward to hear back from you.i will be glad if you can send me the pics of the it if available.Don't bother to call me as i am an hard hearing patient.Be kind enough to remove the advert from the site because of other buyers as i am really interested in the Horse and furnish me the last price of it.

Thanks "

So does the "DomainKeys Verified" mean anything? Just by reading this email I am inclined to believe it is another spam. How could I not!??! LOL Is everyone else getting the same increase in spammers? I don't know if it is coincidence or not but we are getting alot more junk phone calls also since I have placed ads out for the horses.

Fran

Last edited by a moderator:
From the wording, I think it's got to be spam
default_sad.png

Good Day,

I saw your advert posted an am so much interested in buying your Horse.. firstly i will like to know your last asking price for it and i also hope its in good health condition...

"Good health condition" = spam

so get back to me ASAP and i look forward to hear back from you.i will be glad if you can send me the pics of the it if available.Don't bother to call me as i am an hard hearing patient.

No he's not. He just doesn't speak English even 10% as well as he types it.

Be kind enough to remove the advert from the site because of other buyers as i am really interested in the Horse and furnish me the last price of it.

"last price of it" = spam spam spam

Thanks

uh-huh

It must be really frustrating to get these types of emails. But, apparently, they work sometimes or these jerks wouldn't keep sending them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
"DomainKeys Verified." simply verifies that the email address is legitimate. It was probably a yahoo or gmail address. It was developed by Yahoo to help prevent spam, which actually means sending tons of email at one time to different people.

That email IS NOT spam .... IT IS a scam!

Sorry.

I get these every so often - and delete - but I'm getting the nigerian scam/spam emails constantly, like 5-10 a day.
default_gaah.gif
"Dear sir/madam, I am the barister for the wife of the late prince walla walla blabla of such and such kingdom who died and left me 30 million dollars, I have chosen you to help me with this funds, etc etc....."

Who BUYS this garbage?? And obviously it works enough for them to keep sending them.
default_no.gif

Jan

I get these every so often - and delete - but I'm getting the nigerian scam/spam emails constantly, like 5-10 a day.
default_gaah.gif
"Dear sir/madam, I am the barister for the wife of the late prince walla walla blabla of such and such kingdom who died and left me 30 million dollars, I have chosen you to help me with this funds, etc etc....."

Who BUYS this garbage?? And obviously it works enough for them to keep sending them.
default_no.gif

Jan

I get that garbage every day too, sometimes 5 to 10 of them. It blows me away that there are still people out there that respond to this crap!!

Since there is no cost involved for the scammer it doesn't matter to him/her if 10,000 people delete it and then only 1 or 2 actually fall for it. Its all profit to them. I've noticed a few of them are actually getting better with English, maybe its just the better translation programs that are available now.

Thank you for your replys! I received one last week that sounded absolutely genuine. I emailed and by the wording on the second one was how I figured it out that he was a scammer.

Latest posts

Back