Germany??!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
wow, i just talked 2 the last owner of my minis, midnight & billy... & billy came from Gremany on a boat as a 2yr old!!wow i thought this is amazing.. i just wanted to share!! does anyone else have minis from far away??

billy's pic:

Picture15.jpg

desiree

Hi Desiree,

Did the previous owners tell you much about these horses. Blue Ridge is/was a canadian breeder in Oakville Ontario. They sold off the last of their herd about two years or so ago. Double check on what you have been told about Blue Ridge Billy as I think he may have been born here in Canada. Maybe someone could do a search for you in the books AMHA - AMHR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy was born in germany... & borught here as a 2 year old.. today i talked to the so called breeders of him & they say he came for germany... maybe they lived in germeny? lol.. billy's papers are very old & it sounds like they are not 100% right... it says his dad was unknown.. but they said he was a small grey stallion who was reg...
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
somethings fishy!! & it took them a year 2 get his papers cuz they were in germen...

We bought billy & mid night bout from them 17 years ago... & sent the last 2 year trying to find them.. & we did thx to you guys!!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

desiree

i'll keep you up dated tho

I have horses from far away too.
biggrin.gif

From Kansas USA, that´s far for me since I live in Holland, Europe.
wink.gif

Put up what pedigree you have, even if it is in German- I'll see if I can trace it for you. I would lay money he's a Native Shetland, although the cost of exporting a two year old was quite high even 17 years ago- we could get two adults (over 15months) or four foals in a container built for a racehorse, that was the law from this end, and a container cost £1,000.00 which was approx $3,000.00 back then!!No-one I know bought colts, but anything is possible, I suppose.

He very well could have come "from away".
yes.gif

My horses from Blue Ridge have backgrounds of Internationaly Registered horses as well. I had been told by many, that Paul and Brenda went through a lot of expense when they first got involved with the Miniature Horses. They didn't just "settle" for what was available; but set out to get what they wanted. I am certainly happy with the one's I have, which are a product of that insight.
yes.gif

Yes they did import at least some of their horses from Germany, the U.S. (and possibly elsewhere?) when they started Sue.

Desiree did you manage to get through to the Clares the other night? If so what did they say? I am sure they would remember if he was one of the imported ones, even if it was awhile back.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes he was one of the imported ones.. him along with 12-14 other minis(1 being is dam, 1 being his sire & one being his dams dam)... Blue Ridge Billy (reg name) was sent over as a 2yr old

i did talk to the clairs... they rember both the horses we got from them very clearly!! billy's paper were in the german language.. they say it was hard for them to translate.. it took a yr for blue ridge to get his papers.. so maybe thats where his papers got mess up..?

well thats all 4 now

desiree

Latest posts

Back