General Product, Item and Equipment Recommendations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to tell each other about some of our favorite items, products, gadgets, etc.
default_yes.gif

These are a few of my favorite things:

• Great Value / Walmart drink mixes -- these are a knock off of Crystal Light but with more flavors and it's about $1.50 for a tube of tubs that will make 12 qts.
  • TIVO / DVR -- for those of you who watch TV and do not have one of these, you don't know what you're missing
  • Ariat Boots -- my footsie's love them and as some of you know, I was wearing some when I got married! (obviously I didn't choose to have a formal wedding)
  • Lysol / Clorox / etc. Disposable Wipes -- just so handy!
  • XM Radio -- Makes commuting and car trips fun
  • Audio Books on CD or Tape -- great for relaxing, or making travel trips more interesting
  • Stephen King novels -- if you like horror fiction, ANYTHING, if you don't, short novels The Body (made into the movie "Stand By Me") and Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (made into the movie "The Shawshank Redemption") are very touching and may make you a fan!
  • Oster Brushes -- I have several sets and they fit so nice in your hands and are good brushes for grooming your horses
  • Mojitos -- for the adults, youths, see my first recommendation
    default_biggrin.png

• High Thread Count Sheets -- very worth the higher price

[SIZE=18pt]What about you folks? What are some of your favorite things?[/SIZE]

Since my husband's heart attack and we found out about his congestive heart failure we have had to make MAJOR changes. A "normal" low salt diet is still way too high for him so we have to get special products with no salt in them at all. There aren't breads available like that (that we have found anyway), so my new favorite thing is my bread machine. Every 2-3 days I dump a few ingredients into the machine at night, press start and walk away. In the morning I slice bread no fuss no muss...I LOVE it!

other favorites for me:

cherry struessel creamer by coffee mates--OMG it is good!

asiago bagels from Target--they taste JUST like the ones at Panera!

Italian soda --also Target brand--taste just like the expensive ones

I know i have more...but I need another cup of this chocolate cherry coffee before I get ready for work...
default_wub.png

as far as electronic gadgets:

I love my new cell phone...it's an lg voyager...I can get internet on it, tv and it has a gps, and a built in ipod. I am in totally awe of it. The first two days of having it, I totally ran the battery out from watching you tube videos on it and news. I had to buy an extended life battery for it, because the one that came with was just not doing it for me. I suppose the novelty will ware off in a few days, but for now I just love it, coolest thing since sliced bread! I can read LB on my phone, but can't respond for some reason....that's alittle annoying!

I also love my video ipod....amazing that I can put 1,000 songs and 25 full length movies on it and still have tons of memory on it...

Technology is amazing...hard to believe what they can do these days.

Ditto on the Mojitos
default_cheers.gif

The one big thing that I use everyday and couldn't live with out is our Yamaha Rhino.

My computer

I'll think of more later.

Leslie

Gorilla glue!!!
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy

Liz R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.....

Baking Soda(as common sense as it may sound... I didn't realize how many uses there were for it... I cleaned our tub with just plain baking soda.. couldn't believe how easy it was to clean and how good it looked).

Target cereal bars

pantry door organizer(hangs on the inside of the door) for snacks only.

Have to agree with Higher Count Sheets... ours are from Ralph Lauren. Bought 6 or more years ago and it's the only set we have. Have been washed soooo many times and still look and feel great.

I have two small children. Alot of these items help me survive my day.
default_smile.png

Daytime show that helps me get through the day---- ELLEN!

For the horses

Heated Water Buckets

Grooming rake

OH!! Big One! Viva Paper towels.... .They are great as a wash cloth. I didn't know that until my Mary Kay consultant mentioned it.

These are just a few of my favorite things............................

Kim

Things I am grateful for....hmmm.... well high thread count sheets gets my vote too. They are twice as much to buy but last 3 or 4 times as long and oh my they are sooo much more comfy. Also a good bed is worth any expense. My poor battered body rests much better and hurts far less in the morning on a good bed. rechargable batteries is on my list, hate going out with my digital camera (oh another GREAT invention) only to find the batteries are toast. With rechargables I always have fresh batteries around. What else... High speed internet! absolutely couldn't survive with out it now lol. Also can't imagine life without my garden cart/wagon. I use it for hauling feed to the horses, for hauling the used bedding from the barn and the manure from the pens (i have different liners for each job lol) and I use it for moving plants etc. when I garden. It is the best $100 I ever spent. Then there is the self cleaning pin brush that makes grooming in the spring sooo much easier. I know my list could get MUCH MUCH longer but I will stop there.

I am genetically engineered to sweep.......I got the gene from my Mom who I remember

sweeping the sidewalk, in the mornings, before she went to work.

....and THEN for Mom's Day Michael bought me a leaf blower for the barn.......OMG!!!

That is the greatest tool in the world.......seconds, just seconds, is all it takes to

clean the aislways slick as a whistle.

Things I am grateful for....hmmm.... well high thread count sheets gets my vote too. They are twice as much to buy but last 3 or 4 times as long and oh my they are sooo much more comfy.
Oh, I'll second that! LOL

But OMG, everyone needs to buy this shammy type towel.

Up here it is called The Absorber (bought it in Walmart). It is AMAZING!!!! I used it on the dogs when I bathed them last night, and I could not believe how much water it took off (in fact, I'm going to try it on my horse now that I think about it!!!!!)

I think it was about 2' x 1' or so, and I dried off 3 dogs with it. I don't know how it absorbs the water that it does, but it comes in a plastic tube that you leave it in and keep it slightly damp! I had a dog friend tell me about it......I LOVE it!!! (guess what I'm giving for Christmas this year! LOL )

~kathryn

WIFI I just love it.

My ice machine in my new fridge, I've never had one before.

OH YEAH...high count sheets top of the list
default_laugh.png
CALGON with a HOT bath.
default_wub.png
My handy cordless can opener that fits in the palm of my hand.
default_eat.gif
Of course the clorox handy wipes...bagged shavings for the stalls and my wish list of a auto waterer in the barn and of course my wireless camera system in the barn.
default_wub.png

Okay.......here's what I love and would highly recommend.

QVC-------for the most convenient shopping. Order from your home and it's delivered to your door!

BARE ESCENTUALS---Try the foundation and mineral veil, you will look years younger!!!

Clientele----This is an amazing line of products for your skin. I have very sensitive skin and can still use this.

Polar Fleece Sheets---Try these for the winter it is so warm and comfy. I bought mine at Kohls.

Latest posts

Back