Gelding Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debd

Reaction score
I had my one year old gelded today along with his annual vaccines. As soon as the vet approached him he reared and seemed to overly panic. The procedure itself went very well. My concern is he is such a sweet lovable horse always wanting attention and love, yet since this morning he will not let me come within 20' of him. He even waited for me to be out of the area before eating. He truly gets worked up if I so much as look at him right now. Is this just temporary because he is sore or am I going to have to start over in gaining his trust? My other geldings never behaved this way. I am so upset that he seems afraid of me now.

It stinks being a parent sometimes huh
default_wink.png

I think he will be fine by morning, or he may day a few days ...maybe even a week but he will be fine. If someone you did not know just did "that" to you and you did not understand why, i know i would be a bit stand off'ish. Its just tempory. Pet him, Groom him, Rub him, Give him treats and let him know its okay and your not going to hurt him and everything is okay.

He will come around, i bet by morning he will be in a much more pleasant mood
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back