Gelding question.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rae

Reaction score
Sky was gelding this past Friday. Is it possible to notice a change this soon? His appetite is great but he doesn't seem as frantic before I feed him and just seems calmer in general. Before he would paw the ground terribly like he couldn't eat fast enough and practically inhaled his food. That has changed now. I would like to hear other experiences with geldings and the good things that follow. Thanks.

I don't know about 3 days, but it does take a lot of fight out of them. Especially if they were showing dominance signs. Mine was so calm in about a week, but I spoiled him the whole time. He was so swollen, but not too sore.

No IMO- it's probably still the anaesthetic talking!!! remember he is still capable of being fertile for up to six weeks!!!

Coco didnt chance in 3 days. He was calm for about a week and then he came out of it. All he wanted to do was stand with his head in my lap and let me ru his kneck. But afte about a week he started playing agian and now he is just calm and a very good gelding. Its been about 4 month since he was gelded and he is allot better.

Before he was gelded walking him was hard bc he was so hyper. When you would walk him he would jump and go crazy. He had a bad case of Horsie ADD. Now he is what i think is a perfect gelding in my book.

i would say that 3 days its still the medicine. Give it a couple days.

Latest posts

Back