Gelding Futurity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane=P

Reaction score
The New England Miniature Horse Society is having a gelding futurity on August 28, 2005 at the Last Chance Show in Bethlehem, Ct.

There is $15 nomination fee and class fee day of show of $35 = $50 per entry and there is 100% payout, the classes will be split into Jr & Senior Geldings.

Nominations must be in by August 15, 2005

So why dont you sign up and get some money back at a show for a change !!

Contract Laura Lavallee at 413-289-1429 or [email protected] or mail entrys to her at po box 192, Thorndike, Ma 01079.

If need more info or entry forms - e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get right out to you.

Hope to see you there and NEMHS is also having a Weanling Futurity at Goddard Park Show, East Greenwich RI on Sept 11, 2005 and the same fee's and contract person for the weanlings too !!

OK. Another question. What exactly is a futurity show? I have also seen ads that say the horse has been futurity nominated, what this? Just trying to figure this all out. We are looking at buying a Gelding, that has been trained to do a number of things and plan to show him

This is a regular show, We are just holding a futurity class at it,

Everyone pays $50 and its goes into the pot and we have two pots, one for senior and one for jr . And the two classes are a regular halter class and we have two judges and the scores from both are added and then anounnced. The top 6 horses get to split the pot. It's split up with first horse winning a certain % and the % goes down with each lower placing, its a chance to win some money. If big class, can get good payoff.

Fun class to hold and gives you something back...JANE

Jane=P said:
This is a regular show, We are just holding a futurity class at it,Everyone pays $50 and its goes into the pot and we have two pots, one for senior and one for jr . And the two classes are a regular halter class and we have two judges and the scores from both are added and then anounnced.  The top 6 horses get to split the pot. It's split up with first horse winning a certain % and the % goes down with each lower placing, its a chance to win some money. If big class, can get good payoff.

Fun class to hold and gives you something back...JANE

430778[/snapback]

Got It
smile.gif

Thanks so much for explaining that to me...

Latest posts

Back