Geena update (WNV filly) and another sick girl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
Geena (who had early stage WNV) is doing wonderfully. I picked her up last night on the way home from Nationals. She's bouncing and playing!!

A filly I showed sold the 1st Friday at Nat's (along with her best baby buddy) and then showed in Futurity Monday night developed the Thumps (low calcium & magnesium) Tuesday night. The show vet was great and the treatment was successful...but, she had other complications and Dr. White saw us 5 days in a row
unsure.gif
She was OK though after all that and headed to her new home in SC yesterday morning.

On the way home yesterday we lost (shredded) two tires on the motorhome
new_shocked.gif
sad.gif
Luckily Steve and Billy were traveling slowly (the motorhome was pulling Billy & Dana's travel trailer). Billy was driving the motorhome and Steve was following, towing the trailer with the golf cart and all of the furniture we took.

Dana and I were ahead of the with 2 full loads of horses. They limped the motorhome into a nearby larger town and left it at a tire company. I had already dropped our horses (11 of them) at my vet's and turned around to pick up the travel trailer.
wacko.gif
Six new tires are called for::::gulp::: I'm sure glad we REALLY enjoyed the stay in the motorhome at Nationals
laugh.gif
Grumble, grumble...over $200.00 for each tire....

I'll post a complete Nationals post when I find the pics. Our horses did very well, with lots of top tens and they were HARD TO GET. The classes were huge and very, very tough!!! Mia did great also with top tens with both of her geldings in 1 small class and one BIG class!!!

that show vet was very very nice i agree and had to meet wtih him a couple times for some in our group sorry to hear she is still not better

but Mia is adorable i am sorry we didnt visit much but at least the kids got to play a bit

Aw Laura, what rotten luck.
sad.gif
I'm glad your Geena is better though!

I'm so glad I got to meet you, and Dana. Miss Mia is just adorable and sweet and thoughtful too! Thank you for braiding my hair! I was kind of in a happy shock to meet you and have Dana trim my hair and you braid it! I wish I had gotten to talk to you more. I was in a daze the whole time I was there LOL!

I'm looking forward to hearing all your show results!
yes.gif

REO said:
Aw Laura, what rotten luck.
sad.gif
I'm glad your Geena is better though!I'm so glad I got to meet you, and Dana. Miss Mia is just adorable and sweet and thoughtful too! Thank you for braiding my hair! I was kind of in a happy shock to meet you and have Dana trim my hair and you braid it! I wish I had gotten to talk to you more. I was in a daze the whole time I was there LOL!

I'm looking forward to hearing all your show results! 
yes.gif

469710[/snapback]

Your hair is beautiful. Dana and I were both envious. I've never been able to let mine grow past the middle of my back without getting all cut off again, as you saw~LOL
biggrin.gif

Lisa, I wish we had been able to spend more time with you and Raven. Mia had a wonderful time during the short time they got to play together
yes.gif

Hello Laura,

I am sorry about the rotten luck your having.

I was so glad to meet you and Mia and your mother in person!

Mia is even cuter in person everyone, pictures don't do her and her mother justice!

Laura is a fox!

Course your mother is quite a looker I can see where your looks come from!

I wish I had more time to visit and look at your horses.

Maybe next year.

I hope all your bad luck is all used up now!

Hugs

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back