Gas vs Diesel Engine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is No wonder you think the price of Gas is high!!! If I can't get 30 miles to the gallon out of my little 2.5 Ford Transit, I don't go anywhere!! Our Gas is now $7.37 a gallon!!

rabbitsfizz said:
All I can say is No wonder you think the price of Gas is high!!! If I can't get 30 miles to the gallon out of my little 2.5 Ford Transit, I don't go anywhere!! Our Gas is now $7.37 a gallon!!
434046[/snapback]

WOOH, we are complaining at $2.45 a U.S. Gallon
no.gif

Ours here in Nova Scotia, has been pretty well steady at, $1.03 per litre. A friend of mine was just visiting in Newfoundland, and it was $1.07 per litre there.

We just got a "break", and today it's $.99 per litre. surely do hope it's coming down to stay.

DIESEL, DIESEL, DIESEL....We have 2 Duramax Diesels, one is GMC 1 ton and the other is a Chevy HD. We love them, they have been great, one has 100,000 miles and the other 75,000, both are barely broken in. I will never own a gas pick up again.

Have to add my two cents.... Look like the popular vote is bite the bullet and go Diesel....

Like you thought I was going to say anything else
rolleyes.gif

I really think in the long run you are going to be TONS happier with diesel, The torque for pulling does not even compare, little to no impact on Fuel economy no matter what you put behing it, engine life is far greater with diesel (not uncommon for diesels to run 2-300k easy where Gas is starting to show its age at 150-200k). I will say a temp guage on the Tranny is a GREAT idea on Fords. The PowerStroke wont let you down, the Tranny, well its not an Allison like the Chevy, in all I have heard that is the weeker link in the Ford powertrain. Keep it cool and she should do ya well.

Maintenance and repair for diesel is a little higher but I bet you will find the time between repairs for the diesel will be longer.

Latest posts

Back