Gas prices, Finite oil?, um.... no not really

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carriage

Reaction score
How about another slavery issue. While the last seems too esoteric for many, this one should prove much more routine and easier to handle.

After I had come to this knowledge and for the last 25 years, I have sought out information, but also to speak in person with every old oil man I could get face time with. To a MAN the have ALL stated that we have more capped wellheads in this country and off our coasts than you could possibly shake a stick at. Says every one of them "They don't put well heads on dry holes".

There has NEVER been a shortage of oil. Yes I mean EVER, not even in the 70's when we had a littoral gigantic parking lot of full tankers sitting off our coast.

Taking a look at gas prices and railing about same puts the cart before the horse, fix wise. You must focus on and fix the root problem first. That root problem? Well it's pretty simple and the culprit in creating the problem is the usual source. The fed gov. Fixing the problem is basically three phase and FIRST involves getting the fedgov out of the oil business, completely. After that, free market forces take care of the rest and everything naturally falls into place.

The following is easily proved fact, inconvenient perhaps for some, but fact none the less. Perhaps it will lead to closer examination for those that find it so,

The United States Has Plenty Of Oil: 10 Facts About America's Energy Resources That Will Blow Your Mind

The United States is not running out of oil. In fact, nobody on the entire globe has more energy resources than the United States does. The truth is that we are absolutely swimming in oil and natural gas and we have so much coal that we have no idea what to do with it all. At current consumption rates, America has enough energy resources to completely satisfy all of its needs well into the 22nd century. If we would just access those resources, we would not have to import a single drop of foreign oil. But most Americans don't realize that we have plenty of oil. In fact, our education system has brainwashed most Americans into believing that our energy resources are rapidly being depleted and that we will soon enter a great energy crisis. We are all constantly told that we must transition to "green energy" before it is too late. But the reality is that America is an energy rich nation and new discoveries of oil and natural gas deposits are being made all the time. Shouldn't someone tell the American people the truth about these things?

Sadly, Barack Obama keeps running around the country declaring that there is no way that the United States can supply itself with enough oil. During one speech a while back, Obama made the following statement....

"With only 2% of the world’s oil reserves, we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices"

The funny thing is that what Obama said sounds very similar to something that Jimmy Carter said back in 1977....

"Unless profound changes are made to lower oil consumption, we now believe that early in the 1980s the world will be demanding more oil than it can produce".

How did that prediction work out for Jimmy Carter?

Not too well.

The truth is that Obama is misleading the American people just like Jimmy Carter did. A recent Investor's Business Daily article explained how Obama is twisting the truth....

But the figure Obama uses — proved oil reserves — vastly undercounts how much oil the U.S. actually contains. In fact, far from being oil-poor, the country is awash in vast quantities — enough to meet all the country’s oil needs for hundreds of years.

At current consumption rates, the United States has enough oil to last into the 23rd century without ever importing a single drop of oil from another country.

But only a very small fraction of the American people know this.

So when are we going to start hearing the truth?

The following are 10 facts about America's energy resources that will blow your mind....

#1 Back in 1995, the U.S. Geological Survey told the American people that the Bakken Shale formation in western North Dakota and eastern Montana only held 151 million barrels of oil. Today, government officials are admitting that it holds 4.3 billion barrels of recoverable oil, and some analysts believe that the actual number could be closer to 20 billion barrels of oil.

#2 It is estimated that there are up to 19 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the tar sands of Utah.

#3 It is estimated that there are at least 86 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the Outer Continental Shelf.

#4 It is believed that there are 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the Green River formation in Wyoming.

#5 Overall, the United States is sitting on approximately 1.442 trillion barrels of recoverable oil deposits.

#6 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 120 year supply of natural gas.

#7 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 200 year supply of oil.

#8 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 464 year supply of coal.

#9 According to Pastor Lindsey Williams, absolutely gigantic oil fields have been discovered up in Alaska that the American public is not being told about.

#10 Goldman Sachs is predicting that the United States will be the number one oil producing country in the world by the year 2017.

But you never hear any of these statistics from Barack Obama, do you?

And some of our oil fields that were thought to be "depleted" are actually filling back up with oil. Many scientists are extremely puzzled by this. The following quote is from a 1999 Wall Street Journal article....

Production at the oil field, deep in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana, was supposed to have declined years ago. And for a while, it behaved like any normal field: Following its 1973 discovery, Eugene Island 330's output peaked at about 15,000 barrels a day. By 1989, production had slowed to about 4,000 barrels a day.

Then suddenly—some say almost inexplicably—Eugene Island's fortunes reversed. The field, operated by PennzEnergy Co., is now producing 13,000 barrels a day, and probable reserves have rocketed to more than 400 million barrels from 60 million. Stranger still, scientists studying the field say the crude coming out of the pipe is of a geological age quite different from the oil that gushed 10 years ago.

The truth is that there is still much about the formation of oil that is a great mystery to our scientists. For much more on this, you can listen to a recent interview with Dr. Jerome Corsi on Coast to Coast right here.

Unfortunately, much of the information that you have read above is being repressed because it would be very damaging to the "green agenda" that the global elite are trying to impose on all of us.

As I wrote about yesterday, a "green economy" is absolutely central to the "sustainable development" agenda that the United Nations is promoting.

The elitists at the UN believe that carbon dioxide is evil and that it is going to cause catastrophic climate change.

But the truth is that we have always had "climate change" and even if you eliminated all forms of human activity it would only reduce carbon dioxide levels on our planet by a marginal amount.

And carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Every plant on earth uses carbon dioxide. In the past, our planet actually had much higher levels of carbon dioxide. When there are high levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, plant life thrives and more food can be grown.

So if you want the earth to be more "green", then you should actually want levels of carbon dioxide to be even higher.

Unfortunately, this kind of logic evades the "true believers".

Folks like Al Gore run around the planet declaring that global warming is going to bring an end to life as we know it if something is not done immediately.

Well, you know what?

The climate on earth is going to change and nothing can stop it. It has always changed and it always will change.

The primary cause of climate change is the gigantic ball of fire that our planet is revolving around. You could fit 1.3 million earths inside the sun. When there is a lot of solar activity the earth tends to get warmer, and when there is not a lot of solar activity the earth tends to get cooler.

The sun has been behaving very strangely in recent years. If this continues (or gets even worse) we are going to see some very bizarre weather patterns in the years ahead.

And there is not a thing we can do about it other than pray.

But Obama is going to continue to repress energy production in the United States and try to push us toward his vision of a "green society".

Unfortunately, much of what he is trying to do is extremely damaging to our economy. This was beautifully demonstrated in a recent YouTube video entitled "If I Wanted America To Fail"....

So does this mean that alternative energy is bad?

Of course not.

At the same time that we work to exploit the vast deposits of oil, natural gas and coal under our feet, we should also seek to develop cutting edge alternative energy technologies.

For example, most Americans have never even heard of thorium, but many scientists believe that it could provide nearly endless amounts of very safe, very cheap and very clean energy for future generations.

America is not going to run out of energy. America has more energy resources that anyone else in the world and our nation is also one of the leaders in developing cutting edge alternative energy technologies.

This country has a lot of problems, but a lack of energy is not going to be one of them unless our politicians get in the way.

So what do you think about all of this? Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below....

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-united-states-has-plenty-of-oil-10-facts-about-americas-energy-resources-that-will-blow-your-mind

This is important information for all to know,Bb; thanks!

I will freely admit I do NOT 'study' this stuff, but what I have thought ALL ALONG is: that 'global warming' is pretty much a 'dreamed-up' issue...for the very reasons cited in 'Carriage's' post. Earth's overall 'climate' has changed dramatically any number of times over its VERY LONG history; why would anyone really think that our human activities would have THAT much of an impact(to change the actual world climate)?? Now, of course, it is vital to protect and preserve most of the world's unique life forms, plant and animal alike, and carefully manage its vital resources...but that is IMO largely an issue of HUMAN POPULATION GROWTH...again, IMO, THAT is what is and increasing continues to, threaten the Earth, and what needs to begin to be SERIOUSLY addressed, across the globe, including right here.

Second...I have found it 'interesting' that, once gas prices ran up high enough that there was much talk about how that 'might' have a deleterious effect on Obama's reelection campaign, now, amazingly, those prices start to go down. I predicted(in discussion w/ my daughter, and anyone else who would listen...;)--back when prices started to climb yet again, that this would happen. I have come to believe that there is manipulation going on ALL the TIME, in ALL SORTS of ways, from the gov't, directed at us 'peons' who are presumed to not to be bright enough to realize it...and I am da*ned tired of it, myself. I think it HAS come 'from both directions'; but boy, it sure seems to me that the 'current administration' excels in the practice! Believe me, I am IN FAVOR of developing and utilizing renewable energy resources, BUT, NOT in having them crammed down our throats w/o regard to whether such might 'break' some of us, financially.

Finally...I find myself increasingly 'drawn' to what I know of RP, though I'll admit I don't know much. Unfortunately, too many Americans are attracted by 'charisma/good looks' and other such shallow virtues(many of them young and lacking the life experience that would help them to be able to recognize what attributes are of REAL value...and the ones who put the current one into office, by and large...because they vote 'accordingly'. I will admit; at this time, I will 'give in' to 'ABO', and vote for whomever I feel has the best chance to put 'him' out of office...and only hope for better judgement by voters in future.

Margo

I find it hard to believe that there is a giant conspiracy and dropping the fuel costs 5 cents will magically reelect Obama. We go up and down 5 cents every month (usually up, but down too), now that its almost election time, you give all the credit to him as evidence he's buying our votes? huh? When it suits your needs, its buying votes... when it doesn't, its free market. Seems the first thing we need to do is remove the republican subsidies for oil ;) You would think that 10 years of the worlds highest profits would show they don't need it.

Nathan, you are reading things into my post that I did NOT say --read it again.

FWIW, I would SUPPORT ending subsidies to big oil companies. I also am 'pro choice'...only a couple of the ways I am NOT a 'party liner'...though I do not think our fed. gov't. was EVER intended to try to 'take care of' nearly every aspect of our lives. For one thing, they often do a sorry, inefficient job of it.

Margo

May I ask for your references?

My husband and his siblings grew up in West Texas during the oil boom. Their dad was a "pumper". One of the brothers worked for Frac Tech for a number of years and has since gone into the consulting business for the frac industry...so this is not news to me. Our holiday conversations are centered around oil and politics.

I just hope one day our dinner conversations are about how much oil we are pumping here.
default_yes.gif

I don't know if it has been covered or not, but as hard as it is to believe, a huge amount of our coal is exported. Much of it is going to China. Speak to the boys on the east coast in the naval yards, they will happily fill you in on some of the comings and goings of sea bound vessels that are common place to them.

Second...I have found it 'interesting' that, once gas prices ran up high enough that there was much talk about how that 'might' have a deleterious effect on Obama's reelection campaign, now, amazingly, those prices start to go down. I predicted(in discussion w/ my daughter, and anyone else who would listen...;)--back when prices started to climb yet again, that this would happen. I have come to believe that there is manipulation going on ALL the TIME, in ALL SORTS of ways, from the gov't, directed at us 'peons' who are presumed to not to be bright enough to realize it...and I am da*ned tired of it, myself. I think it HAS come 'from both directions'; but boy, it sure seems to me that the 'current administration' excels in the practice! Believe me, I am IN FAVOR of developing and utilizing renewable energy resources, BUT, NOT in having them crammed down our throats w/o regard to whether such might 'break' some of us, financially.

Here here, The price of oil is surely "complicated" and I've tried to explain what one should do and think when the see "complication"

I tend to view it as more of a wielded weapon against, well, us.

I too am hugely in favor of private development of alt energy and tend to be quite geeky in that direction. Again I come at it from an independence perspective.

Finally...I find myself increasingly 'drawn' to what I know of RP, though I'll admit I don't know much. Unfortunately, too many Americans are attracted by 'charisma/good looks' and other such shallow virtues(many of them young and lacking the life experience that would help them to be able to recognize what attributes are of REAL value...and the ones who put the current one into office, by and large...because they vote 'accordingly'. I will admit; at this time, I will 'give in' to 'ABO', and vote for whomever I feel has the best chance to put 'him' out of office...and only hope for better judgement by voters in future.

I understand. Better judgment only comes with education and critical thinking. Something R.P delivers in spades.

Margo

I understand. Better judgment only comes with education and critical thinking. Something R.P delivers in spades.

I don't know if it has been covered or not, but as hard as it is to believe, a huge amount of our coal is exported. Much of it is going to China. Speak to the boys on the east coast in the naval yards, they will happily fill you in on some of the comings and goings of sea bound vessels that are common place to them.
Yes Miss Carolyn this is true, yet no uproar from the dems about that. Very curious. However when a President essentially says that his policies will lead to bankruptcies for both current and future coal fired plants, the only sales prospects left are outside of the country and ESPECIALLY with one holding a massive amount of our bond debt.

A reduction in coal fired plants and refineries leads to an artificial choke point, which leads to much higher energy and gas costs. There is a very good reason North Dakota is booming economically right now and has less than a third of the "reported" unemployment compared to the rest of the nation. That's a pretty good "reference" I would think.....

Cranky out....

Latest posts

Back