gary's mom came to see me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
nana has not been to our house since gary died, almost 5 months ago. i knew it would be hard for her and we have talked about it a few times. i told her a couple of weeks ago that my door is always open and if she wanted to come up and sit while i was at work sometime, that would be fine. she just lives a couple hundred yards down the lane and she used to walk up almost every day to see gary.

i was puttering in the yard yesterday after work and she drove up. i was SO glad to see her. she said she decided it was the day she would come. we walked around and looked at all of the flowers coming up and then she said she wanted to come inside so we did. it was so hard, so so hard. we cried and hugged for a few minutes and then we visited for a while and talked mostly about how much we miss gary and how glad we are that he is no longer in pain. *sigh* it was another "first" we had to get through and i'm so proud of her!

nana is such a special woman, it's been so hard to see her sad but now i think we can move on a little more. i keep telling her, baby steps...we just have to take baby steps and help each other.
default_smile.png

I am so glad you two got together yesterday, I am sure it was hard for both of you. I hope she will feel comfortable enough now to come over more, you guys need all the support and love you can get.
default_yes.gif

Oh, Charlene,

That is wonderful - you have both lost someone very dear to you and I know that you will find a lot of comfort in each other. It will be great to share the wonderful memories that you both have of Gary.

Lisa and I think about you often, she is a strong person and gets a lot of support from her minis - she was here on Friday and brought her 2 bottle babies (goats) for the the class of first graders that came to visit.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of HUGS!!

default_wub.png
default_wub.png

((((hugs)))) to you and gary's mom!

Glad she was finally able to make that step with you!!

~kathryn

[SIZE=14pt]((((HUGS)))) [/SIZE] to both of you.

Charlene, Glad to hear she came and you all cried, talked and were close.

Baby steps is right, it doesnt happen overnight, but it will get easier..

We had a friend who died on his 21st birthday, very tragic, my husband and him and 2 other guys were riding motorcycles, he went too fast around a corner and skidded, hit a tree, broke his neck, he died immediately. It was so hard for my husband being there...

Anyway we were all Great friends, I mean I as a woman was as close and would have wanted him to be my Maid of Honor, thats how close we were...

Every year on his birthday we got together and I cryed so hard for so many years. It has now been 20 years since he died on April 23rd and I handle it better... It took many years for me not to bawl...

Missy

Charlene, You truly do amaze me, your not only a very strong woman, but still a inspiration to so many of us. I am so glad "Nana" and you got to visit.

Corinne

default_yes.gif
I'm so glad you have each other. You have a special bond; you both love Gary very much. You can be stronger, together. Our prayers are with you both.

God bless,

Joan

Latest posts

Back