gary's little memorial park

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i have spent days and days prettying up the area where gary's memorial tree was planted last weekend. i found this cool arbor at a nursery yesterday, picked it up today, got it all level and staked down and i think it turned out nice. it can be seen for quite a distance, even sitting on the deck up at gary's mom's house a couple hundred yards away. i planted purple clematis on both sides...

arbor1.jpg

you can see the detail here. it's iron but not terribly heavy...

arborcloseup.jpg

this is the view now for anybody coming up the lane to our house...

arbor4.jpg

another angle...

arbor3.jpg

one end...the orioles and hummingbirds gave me heck all day because i was interrupting them. they finally just came to the feeders but kept a wary eye on me!

garysflowersall.jpg

and i found the most adorable little gazing ball holder and this gazing ball glows in the dark for about 4 hours...

Garysbunny.jpg

i am so tired i can hardly see straight! hope you like my finished project.
default_smile.png

It looks so nice, and will continue to bring you comfort as it grows and settles in.

You should be proud, I know Gary must be.

Thank you for sharing,

Liz

Charlene

Your little memorial to Gary is just wonderful and I know hes smiling down at you for such a great job.

That is so pretty. You have done a beautiful job.

I love the gazing ball and holder I have been looking for something just like that for my dad. May I ask where you found them?

That is so pretty. You have done a beautiful job.

I love the gazing ball and holder I have been looking for something just like that for my dad. May I ask where you found them?
thanks, everybody!

cyndi, i found the gazing ball at the local farm supply store, in their garden/seasonal section. the holder is formed concrete, i found it at a little mom/pop store near here. it's one of those places that has everything from jewelry to patio blocks. the gazing ball is 10", to give you an idea of the size of the bunny. it's quite heavy but was only $15!
default_biggrin.png

good heavens, cyndi! look what i found online!!

http://www.lawnornamentsandfountains.com/i...amp;ProdID=1208

i could buy one for $15, SHIP it to you and not spend that much!!! lol

Great job Charlene. Isn't it wonderful that spring has finally come and we're finally able to do things outside.

That is beautiful, Charlene!

I know I'm not the only one who wishes she could sit on that bench with you, sip some tea and chat!!!

What a lovely place to sit with Gary, you did a wondrous goos job! A fitting memorial.

That is beautiful, Charlene!

I know I'm not the only one who wishes she could sit on that bench with you, sip some tea and chat!!!
c'mon over, i just made a pitcher of fresh lemonade!
default_aktion033.gif

thanks again, everybody. i took some time from my mowing this afternoon to sit and watch the hummingbirds and orioles. it sure is a nice place to sit and think about gary.
default_smile.png

Charlene-

What a wonderful memorial to Gary - you can bet he's watching and liking what you are doing. Great job!

Barbie

It is Beautiful Charlene!! You will have some nice realxing times sitting there enjoying it...

Missy
default_smile.png

Charlene, I LOVE your little memorial park to Gary. I can just see Gary smiling down thinking "thats my Charlene always thinking of doing something just for me" I was thinking of making a little memorial garden with the perennial plants from the funeral of my brother this past Friday. I know, Lance would be so proud of me if I did that, since I was always the one who was no good with outdoor plants but he was. I am getting thru this taking your advice of baby steps and alot of talking to him..it has helped so much. Thanks for sharing this your such a inspiration to us. (((hugs))) Corinne

Latest posts

Back