gary's little memorial park

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlene, I LOVE your little memorial park to Gary. I can just see Gary smiling down thinking "thats my Charlene always thinking of doing something just for me" I was thinking of making a little memorial garden with the perennial plants from the funeral of my brother this past Friday. I know, Lance would be so proud of me if I did that, since I was always the one who was no good with outdoor plants but he was. I am getting thru this taking your advice of baby steps and alot of talking to him..it has helped so much. Thanks for sharing this your such a inspiration to us. (((hugs))) Corinne
thank you AGAIN everyone and thank you corinne! gary so loved the farm, loved his trees, loved his flowers so i couldn't think of a better way to honor his memory. like you, i was never great with flowers but i have been so inspired by the notion of doing my best for HIM and i am taking great pains to make sure everything gets a good drink every night. i just came in from 2 hours puttering, watering, i put some patio blocks out to make a little pathway to gary's bench. if i keep going, i'll have the whole front yard mulched!! :DOH!

i think it would be just wonderful if you made a little garden with the perennials from lance's services. what a lovely thought! warning...even if you start small, it will grow by leaps and bounds in no time. i *thought* i'd just hang a hummie feeder, maybe a hanging basket and look what i ended up with! lol

yes, baby steps and one day at a time. your loss is so fresh and raw and it will take some time for you to come to terms with it. it will soon be 6 months since gary's death and although i never would have believed it possible, i can tell you that i really AM doing better. my good days far outnumber my bad days now and every day wonderful memories of my and gary's 11 years together come flooding back to me. i'm thinking of springtime as a renewal of my soul, once so lost but slowly coming back to me. my grief isn't "better", it is simply "different" and i am learning to live with it, as i know you will in time.
default_smile.png

when you make your little garden, please share some pictures with us. i'm sure i'm not the only one who would love to cheer you on!

yes, baby steps and one day at a time. your loss is so fresh and raw and it will take some time for you to come to terms with it. it will soon be 6 months since gary's death and although i never would have believed it possible, i can tell you that i really AM doing better. my good days far outnumber my bad days now and every day wonderful memories of my and gary's 11 years together come flooding back to me. i'm thinking of springtime as a renewal of my soul, once so lost but slowly coming back to me. my grief isn't "better", it is simply "different" and i am learning to live with it, as i know you will in time.
default_smile.png

when you make your little garden, please share some pictures with us. i'm sure i'm not the only one who would love to cheer you on!
Gosh Charlene I can't believe it's been close to 6 months now. . .still thinking of you a lot (I'm betting a lot of us are) and so glad to hear that the good days are outnumbering the bad!

default_smile.png

Gosh Charlene I can't believe it's been close to 6 months now. . .still thinking of you a lot (I'm betting a lot of us are) and so glad to hear that the good days are outnumbering the bad!
neither can i!! some days, it seems like yesterday. other days, it seems like forever. i appreciate your thoughts, it truly helps to know others share in my loss.

gary's headstone is finished except for the little porcelain picture to be inlaid. i am leaving work tomorrow at noon to go see it. i know that will be a hard thing to do but i want to be able to see it before it's brought to the cemetery. the lady at the monument place told me on the phone that the etching of the bluebirds is absolutely beautiful.
default_smile.png

Thanks Charlene, Wow that is a big difference in price. How far is Winchester from Coalvalley? I have a brother-in-law living in Coalvalley (it's near Moline). Not too far for a visit.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Charlene, Wow that is a big difference in price. How far is Winchester from Coalvalley? I have a brother-in-law living in Coalvalley (it's near Moline). Not too far for a visit.
default_smile.png
i looked at mapquest, moline is about 150 miles from winchester. you would be welcome any time!

i will be in dunlap, illinois (not far from peoria) on may 18 for a dog show. that's only about 90 miles from moline. if you want me to check on getting a bunny for you and meeting you there, let me know. i am going to stop there today when i go to see gary's headstone because i want to get a bunny for his mom for mother's day to put out in her garden.
default_smile.png

(((hugs))) right back at ya, reijel's mom.
default_wink.png

That is simply beautiful and such hard work too. I love it. Simply love it and you can decorate it for all seaons out there where it will show all the time. Beautiful~!

What a lovely site........ I bet Gary is already enjoying it.
default_yes.gif

I know I have not replied to any of your posts, but I have been following each and everyone and all I have to say is..

Beautiful..

What you two had, shared, given and taken.. Oh, the love.. the feeling..

Way to go.. beautiful.. it is.

I know I have not replied to any of your posts, but I have been following each and everyone and all I have to say is..

Beautiful..

What you two had, shared, given and taken.. Oh, the love.. the feeling..

Way to go.. beautiful.. it is.
thank you very much.
default_smile.png
i'm so glad you can get, from my words, the feelings. i think that is a wonderful testament to gary. he was so very easy to love.
default_smile.png

i found the most adorable little old sleigh made from scrap iron today so i added that to gary's park. i put the barrel of flowers on top of it and it looks perfect. when it stops raining, i will have to get a picture.

So beautiful, and calm. The best work, is the hardest, done for the greatest reasons.

Very nice

i just don't know when to stop! :DOH! i went back to that little store to inquire about getting a couple more of the little bunny gazing ball holders. i didn't realize the first time i was in there that they had a DOWNSTAIRS with all kinds of primitives. i LOVE primitives and found this little sleigh made from scrap metal. it's living in gary's park now.
default_smile.png

sleigh.jpg

Latest posts

Back