gary's headstone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
the monument people brought it out last saturday. i think it turned out beautifully. it took them about 3.5 hours to get concrete poured, cured and the headstone set. i went back later in the afternoon and spent about 30 minutes there. the whole time i was there, a male bluebird flitted from tree to tree and perched just above gary's grave. he sang to me the whole time. i think it was a sign from gary letting me know he approved of my design.

headstonefrontset.jpg

i had some lyrics from "our" song engraved on the back. into everything gary built out here, he carved the words "doc loves squaw", our pet names for each other.
default_smile.png

headstonebackset.jpg

this is a close-up of the bluebirds engraved in the front, right corner. this does not do it justice, it is a beautiful work of art!

headstonebluebirds.jpg

it's hard to read in the picture but under gary's name is "loving husband, son & brother" and at the very bottom is "once in a lifetime love". because, that's what he always will be!

That is really beautiful Charlene! I'm sure Gary loves it
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, all. i put a lot of thought into this and i'm glad you like it. it also passed the "nana test". gary's mom thinks it is perfect.
default_wink.png

Charlene --

That is very beautiful and very touching. I've looked several times today and it chokes me up each time.

Hugs,

Jill

Charlene, it is beautiful..I am sure Gary is looking down and so proud of you. Iwas told I have to wait 6 months before I can get Lance's (my brother who passed away 1 month ago) headstone put on his gravesite. I hope he approves as much as I am sure Gary and Nana has for you. (((hugs))) Corinne

I'm at a loss for words, the headstone is just awesome. You designed that from your heart and it shows.

Charlene,

It's just beautiful. A perfect, touching tribute to a wonderful man. You both were obviously very much in love.
default_wub.png

Charlene,

It's just beautiful. A perfect, touching tribute to a wonderful man. You both were obviously very much in love.
default_wub.png
oh yes, we were, still are and always will be! i'm so glad you all can see that through this headstone. it means i accomplished just exactly what i was after! thank you!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back