Fuzz started flying today.......some pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE Knockout!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Of course, all of them are exceptional, but he is just GORGEOUS!

They all look like they are coming along great Erica! I really like that First Knight Dream Come True filly, she is very nice and with a little more work she is going to look great.

Aubrey

There each and everyone of them all gorgeous..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

default_new_shocked.gif
[SIZE=12pt]OMG Erica!!!!!! [/SIZE]
default_new_shocked.gif

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! All of them!!!!

Prankster is still my Favorite!!! Holy Buckets is he STUNNING!!!!
default_wub.png

Thank You SO much for sharing pics, more please!!!!!
default_laugh.png

Nancy, I did get a couple more done after work yesterday......but not before dark.

Gambler, Clover and Annie all look really good as well, of course now it's raining and suppose to for a few days....

Then the other three I want to get up and just give a good bath and brush as they are working on shedding out.

Thanks everyone, these are my kids, love each and every one of them. I think back ten years ago when I was in the 8th grade and never would have thought of producing a horses like TKO, Prankster, Angel, Clover, Knocker, ext.......

Erica WHAT IS YOUR SECRET? How can those minis be fresh from the field (with unlimited hay)? I'm about ready to put mine on a starvation diet. Save them and tell me your secret.

Wow! For virtually no workouts, they look amazing! Congrats!!!!
default_smile.png
I think I'll send a couple your way for you to "keep" through winter!
default_biggrin.png

Yes they have been out in pasture 24/7 since the week after Nationals, round bales of hay out and grain.

It's raining yet again
default_wacko.png
today--- ugh!!!

They have literally had 3 - 3 workouts......so sick of rain but I keep telling myself come July I will be eating my words.

Still have not had their first baths either, which I am sure they are ready for.........opted just clip dirty.

Whitney,

These guys eat a pretty good amount, they are on 4-8 cups of grain twice a day (I sort of have three groups; ones that don't need to gain more weight, ones that need more weight, and then ones that are just high metabolisms) 4 cups of soaked beet pulp am, grass hay twice daily, and shredded alfafa at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Erica.

Talked to my guys and they like your DIET BETTER.

What type of grain do you use?

How much grass hay?

How much shredded alfalfa?

And how long/often do you work them?

I'll post before and after pictures if it helps my little herd of blimps.

I am getting really concerned for their health because of their weight.

THANKS AGAIN Whit

I loved these two of Handsome (Erica's Taking on Heirs) playing yesterday evening

handsometrot-1.jpg

handsomerun.jpg

Erica
default_wub.png
your horses - all of them in general

I am in awe of you in general – what you produce is amazing and from LB postings I must say you have one awesome family that seem so willing to help you whatever way they can, that part seems so cool.

I am interested to see what clippers you use, any tech tips etc - as I am very sure you have clipped more than I have (and practice makes perfect) but "But here they are partially defuzzed, still got leg warmers and ear warmers and just quick 20 min buzzes..."

how in the world do you do this in 20 mins... I must be doing things wrong as I feel like it takes forever to clip my guys

I'm also interested in your feeding program as I have to limit grass time otherwise they look like balloons

Thanks

Christina

I love them all but Prankster is gorgeous!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
Your horses are amazing.

Latest posts

Back