Futurities

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
For those of you that are new to the Futurity program, please referr to your 2004 rulebook on pages 186,187, & 188 for the information on the Shetland Futurities and on pages 233 & 234 for the Miniature Futurities.

The office is handling both of these futuries this year instead of Dr. Tom Taylor who worked the Shetland Futurity and Mr. Dale Lutke who handled the Miniature Futurity. As stated in a prior post, Any Roberts, Journal editor has a really good article in the December 2004 Journal. This article is self explanatory about our Futurities and your nomination forms are right behind that article. The closing date to nominate your mares and stallions, and sustaining any foals are due by March 1st, 2005.

For any questions regarding this program please give the office a call. They will be happy to answer any additional questions that you may have that might not be addressed in the article or in your rulebook. If you don't have a rulebook then you can go on line to the website: www.shetlandminiatyure.com.

Thanks

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Karen ,

If you look in the Dec. Journal you will find that Tom Taylor is still in charge of the Classic Futurity, So all Nominations should be sent to him..

bb said:
Karen ,
  If you look in the Dec. Journal  you will find that Tom Taylor is still in charge of the Classic Futurity, So all Nominations should be sent to him..

304198[/snapback]

I'm not sure if he still is in charge of the Classics - I received the updated information on our Classic entries (along with our AMHR entries) last week for the Classic Futurity from ASPC/AMHR - I heard that the club will be in charge of Classic, Modern and AMHR Futurities on a go forward basis. When I called and spoke with Joe regarding one of our entries, he had all of the information entered in the Club's system for both futurities.

Hi Getitia,

Just got my letter on my Futurity stuff and it came from the office. Joe Schroeder is handling all of the Futurity stuff along with Bob Brown. Sharron Hinkle called me last week to tell me to be sure to send all paperwork to Joe. He had a problem with on of her's too being shown in the wrong Futurity. The Journal was in error especially since Doc Taylor had to turn over all of the Shetland Futurity to the board at Convention.

I have may paperwork ready to go along with a copy of last years nominations. I don't want any mess up so will be sending copies to insure the fact that Joe knows that everything I have nominated is in the Classic Futurity and not in the Modern. In my paperwork I received from Joe it had one of my mares listed in the Modern Futurity and she has always been in the Classic. That is why I'm sending a copy of last year's paperwork.

With the number of horses you have in the Futurity please be sure they get your paperwork right. Call and talk with Joe.

Karen Shaw

yes.gif
Ok, I stand corrected.. Doc has quit since the Journal came out.. I knew in Dec. when I talked to him he was still doing the Futurity.. But made some phone calls , and he has decided to step away from it.. Can't blame him with the way everything sometimes goes..
no.gif
no.gif

biggrin.gif
And they said if any were sent to Tom he would see that they are sent right in to the office since all the forms that have been published have his address..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back