Funny story to tell you all

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Oh My Goodness!!! I haven't had such a laugh in a long time. This thread is way too funny! Keep em coming! Please!

I have a Wal-Mart related story too. A few year ago my 90-something mother and I stopped by Wal-Mart on our way home from the grocery store because she needed just a few little things. We just got one cart, but while she was shopping I remembered that foaling time was just around the corner, so I detoured her by the pharmacy department and picked up 8 Fleet Enemas and several tubes of KY Jelly to have on hand just in case I needed them. As we approached the checkout she picked her small purchases out of the cart and headed toward another checkout station. "Mom, where are you going?" I asked. Says she - "if you think I'm going to face the same checkout girl you use after you pay for that kinky assortment of stuff, you're crazy".

THis has turned out better than I had ever imagined -- been snickering all day - and had a few good old out load belly laughs at work that got everyone looking my direction -- would have been fun to share some of these with them, but they aren't "horsie types" so probably would have ended up getting fired instead!

Keep 'em comming ! ! !
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Stac

Good laughs, here's one of my more memorable ones.

Last year, my 1 year old colt was letting it all hang out. My, then three year old son, was so proud that the boy horse had little boy parts just like him. A few moments later, my son was crying and screaming. I ran over to ask what was wrong and his response was "Hunter (our labrador retriever) stole Mikey's thing", what?????

Through his sobs he managed to tell me Hunter stole Mikey's pee pee, as he put it. The dog was running around with a small stick and in the meantime the horse tucked up his parts."

It was one of those funny but innocent things that made me laugh days later.

Carolyn

Good laughs, here's one of my more memorable ones.

Last year, my 1 year old colt was letting it all hang out. My, then three year old son, was so proud that the boy horse had little boy parts just like him. A few moments later, my son was crying and screaming. I ran over to ask what was wrong and his response was "Hunter (our labrador retriever) stole Mikey's thing", what?????

Through his sobs he managed to tell me Hunter stole Mikey's pee pee, as he put it. The dog was running around with a small stick and in the meantime the horse tucked up his parts."

It was one of those funny but innocent things that made me laugh days later.

Carolyn
OMG now that one just pushed me over the edge to funny!!! And so very sweet!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Horsey people are just too funny.

My husband is a city boy and only helps when aboslutely necessary - he hates being around when we are breeding mares.

We are in the process of breeding Michigans Rare Penny (our new young 3 year old stallion) to a couple of mares. It has been trying to say the least. Last week I hollered at my husband and said I was going out to breed and would be back in 10-60 minutes depending on how it went. When I got back in the house a mere 15 minutes later my husband looked at me and said - just a quicky today? We looked at each other and howled. My husband commented that not to many men are told by their wives that they are off to breed.

Lisa

Several years ago when the girls were in high school, one of them had a friend spend the night. It was breeding season, and around the table, we were talking about who was in season, who wasn't, and who they would be bred to. The guest who I am guessing, was neither a farm girl, nor a horse person, looked up, embarassed and disgusted with us, and asked if all we ever did was have sex talk at our table. I still have to laugh about that.

I thought of another one that happened back when my daughter was about 10 or 11(she is now 19), a friend of mine who only has cats and has never been around horses came by for a visit. We were out walking and one of our barn cats that we had had neutered earlier that week came by and my friend was thrilled to see a very pretty orange striped cat with huge gold eyes. My daughter looked at her and told her "You know we had him gelded this week!" My friend had a confused look on her face and I busted up laughing.

I have really enjoyed reading thru these stories.
default_aktion033.gif

OMG, I am reading this at my desk at work on lunch and just dying. I had to cram my napkin over my mouth and bite my tongue a couple of times to keep from just dying out loud!! And no, nobody here is a 'horsie person' at all and would get NONE of this!! Which would probably then send me into a state of such hilarity they would have to send me home cause it would take all day to get over the looks on their faces....

You guys are just killing me... LOL

Too funny!
default_biggrin.png

I traumatized my brother-in-law when I was "helping" an inexperienced stallion find "the mark." He still talks about it to this day...don't know whether the size of the equipment or my gloved hand was more scary.
default_new_shocked.gif

And, my friend raises and trains Connemara ponies and had stories to tell about an AI session that involved a Canadian stallion coming over the border to use a dummy mare and my friend got to take the "man in a can" to her veterinarian so her mare could be bred....
default_laugh.png

And the veterinarian had an interesting story about waiting for a plane to come into the Rochester airport with various samples of "man in a can" for mares in heat at his clinic that needed to be bred AI and he was worried the samples would spoil as they were over due and stuck on a plane somewhere.

Yup, only horsey people understand.

Denise

Silversong Farm

You should see the UPS men here when I tell them they just brought me chilled semen..................If they are still holding the box ( while I sign for the delivery) they IMMEDIATELY stop using both hands and use ONE finger from each hand!

When our oldest son was just little -- about 6 years old - he was at his grandfathers' place & Grandpa had the AI guy coming to breed a cow, so he wrote out a cheque & handed it to Davey & said -- take this down to the barn & leave it for the Artificial man.

His cousin -- who was from Toronto was there for a holiday & he said - wait for me Dave -- I never saw an artificial man before.

We still howl over that one when we get telling do you remembers

Funny stuff, indeed!

Our local Saint Bernard fanciers usually meet at restaurants after showing and sometimes forget that they are around non-dog people.

You know you are finally a dog person when you can say "bitch" without even thinking about it.

"That bitch is too fat!" etc. can cause some funny looks.
default_biggrin.png

But also when the conversation turns to breeding or semen collection it gets embarrasing...
default_new_shocked.gif

It can be difficult to get Saints bred. It can be a clumsy procedure and often they need assistance. I remember one time our friend Vicki was complaining that she couldn't get two dogs bred.

"I'm just not good at dog sex!" she said when we were waiting in line to pay our dinner bills
default_new_shocked.gif
VICKI, shut up!!!

We have also had to stop her from describing to some new stud dog owners on how to "flush out" a male a few days before breeding.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back