Funny Stories about Pets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Ashley's post about the farm pictures and Mitzy's designs on the baby peacocks reminded me of this (which I posted there, too, but think it's funny). So, I wanted to post a funny story about Winston here and also ask if you all have funny stories about your fur kids!

--

Several years ago, Harvey was keeping an eye on the house of some elderly people he has helped out since he was a kid. He and I were at their house and we had Winston, our shih-tzu, with us. Harvey went upstairs to get a soda and Winston went with him. It took a long time for them to come back down stairs and when they did, Winston was absolutely beaming. He had the biggest laughing smiling dog face on he has ever worn.

Then Harvey says "Winston got the bird!". They had a parakeet, and it was walking on the kitchen floor and Winston ran over and grabbed it in his mouth!!! He did not bite down, thank God, and Harvey got it from him but Winston was so proud of himself. We waited around for hours scared the bird would die of shock but he was fine. We could have probably found a parakeet that looked like him at the pet store, but this one would also say "pretty boy, pretty boy" so we'd have had to fess up if that bird died.

Since I don't have enough hobbies, I always talk for our pets, especially the dogs, and I am sure it gets on Harvey's nerves but it makes me laugh.

The night Winston grabbed that bird, "Winston" asked Harvey "If it dies, can I eat it?" and has ever since foundly remembered the day he caught a hawk with his bare mouth. Also, that night, he sang that commercial jingle "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight... chicken tonight..."

lol.gif

WINSTON%20--%2006082005%20002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the chuckle. That was a great story. Cute dog too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston "BIG GAME HUNTER" successfully bags a bird
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
too cute....so glad for Harvey's sake that the Keet lived...that might have been awkward to explain
ohmy.gif

OK my step mom had an odd cat when I was a teen he had this curled tail (he was part manx) he loved water he would climb in the tub with you
new_shocked.gif
....or fall in....you see his balance stunk....he would fall asleep on the arm of the couch and then just kinda fall off the couch to the floor...his name was "Mortimer aka MORT"

one day the great Mort was in the yard hunting birds........he ran up a tree and a minute or so later he kinda fell out of the tree
rolleyes.gif
then he commenced to just lay there on his side
new_shocked.gif
we raced out thinking he was hurt or dead and to our surprise ...he was fine he happened to have fallen on a robin and sadly for him as soon as we picked him up his great trophy flew away cursing him....the end
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

When we still lived in the first house we owned, my cousins came over to help Keith pressure-wash to prepare for painting. It was a hot summer day, and since the dogs had to stay inside away from the pressure washing, I decided to take them along when I went to get lunch. (We only had two dogs then, Hillary, our Westie mix, and Shadow, our toy poodle.

We decided that junk food was in order, so I headed for the Wendy's drive through, air conditioner on full blast. I pulled up to to place my order, but Shadow loves squawk boxes (he think they mean doggie treats) and began yapping in his inimitable poodle voice...so loud I couldn't place my order.

In order to hear and be heard, I got out of the car, shut the door, and placed my order. Just as I finished, I heard an ominous "THWUNK" -- the sound of the power door lock. Shadow had put his paws on the arm of the door and stepped on the lock button. The car was still running and I was locked out, and we were in the middle of the drive through line. Luckily for the dogs, the air conditioner was still going full blast, but I there I was in the heat of the noonday sun.

I checked the windows...all were up, and the rearvents were closed...

I pondered my situation...I couldn't call home, as they would never hear me over the pressure washer...I had no AAA...I didn't know what to do...

I forlornly walked around the car and checked all of the doors, but of course, they had all been locked with that one button...

I didn't know what I was going to do, and I walked forlornly around the front of the car, back to the driver's side, only to see...

the window ROLL DOWN.

Shadow had put his feet up on the arm again, but this time stepped on the window button! Fortunately, he was quite unaware of the power he had in those few brief moments -- first locking me out, then letting me back in!

OMG, I love these stories!!! How lucky was Mort, even if it was short lived, to actually land on a bird! And that is hysterical about being locked out then let back in by Shadow! I can very much relate to being locked out of a car!!! And, have you seen that Onstar commercial where the man has locked his dog in the car? Onstar lets him right back in, but the commercial has made me get choked up, not that I'm overly emotional or anything.
biggrin.gif

Well my story involves our youngest son(who was 3 at the time) and our Jack Russell, Peaches.

Last Christmas I had made several plates of "Grandma cookies" large thick white cookies, complete with lots of thick blue icing. Hmm....walking past the counter I notice a plate missing! Blame hubby and the two older children, nope. A search is undertaken.......I open the closet door in son's room. Peaches and son are sitting in the closet with the cookies, well should I say a plate with some crumbs.

They were working as a team....three year old was removing icing and Peaches was consuming the cookie. Our son was very upset about being discovered and tried to close the door!

No one got sick!

18 yrs ago in another life
rolleyes.gif
, I lived in a real neighborhood kinda and we had a pool. Big 16x32 jewel and my husband has his own swimming pool service and repair company. Each year we would have a pool party for friends and customers. Nice tax write off.

Anyways I had adopted a 2 yr old doberman female that winter. Tai was such a love. She was turned into the shelter for barking while tied. She was my perfect companion and the best babysitter for my then 2 yr old daughter.

We were having a very nice day at the party. One fellow, Tom, worked for us and went inside to pee. Now we kept Tai in the house to avoid any problems as she would get nervous with crowds. In that house you come in the back door and up a small staircase and directly turn right into the bathroom. About 30 minutes went by and Tom's wife is asking if anyone has seen him. I chuckled and said, "wouldn't it be funny if Tai has him cornered?"

I and many others, went inside to see my good girl sitting outside the bathroom door guarding. I say, "Tom, you ok?" Tom says, Get that %#@@$%$%^$@$ dog outta here!, she won't let me out. Everytime I try to open the door she growls."

I say Tai here and off she comes. Out comes a very red faced Tom and man is he angry. I calmly explained to him that had he let her see him she would have been fine as she knew and loved Tom. Soon as she saw who was behind the door she melted into a puddle and wanted his love. No way though, "she" was the dreaded doberman. Sigh.

See when one walks up the stairs all Tai could see was a dark silouette. She always let one into the house but if mom wasn't around she wouldn't let you out. She never bit, never barked, never snarled, just sat and made a quiet purr. I think back now and she would have scented that it was Tom once he came out or even behind the door but I think she was enjoying her prank.

I miss that dog, I lost her to bladder cancer. She let many into the house in times past, my husband's ex wife, my husband's step father and they had to stand at the threshhold and holler for me.

These stories are both great, too! I've always thought that one emotion a lot of people do not give animals enough credit for is true love, but now I'm also thinking another under recognized emotion is a sense of humor!!!

Latest posts

Back