Funny (almost)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb E

Reaction score
As many of you are experiencing this year, my mare was holding onto her baby, mine always at 326-330. My horses are at my parents, so I had been living with them for three weeks watching. Then my sister comes in with her kids for a week visit, and her daughter and her kids come too. Did I mention the house is about 1200 sq ft? Sleeping in the barn suddenly isn't so bad. At this point we are on 24/7 watch, cameras, alarms and eyes at all times. For three days parade of horse friends in and out..."that mare can't go another day she is way more than ready..." Late in the afternoon on day 340 I step in a hole and fall, pop, severe pain. I'm lying on the barn floor writhing in pain and everyone starts arguing over who is taking me to the hospital. I clip the alarm to my dad's shirt on he way out and say "don't take this off" then off I go to emergency. Dad goes into the house takes off the beeper, puts it on the kitchen counter and goes outside to potty the dog. My sister is in the kitchen and hears beep beep (she hasnt heard the beeper before and thinks it is my dad's hearing aid) but beep is persistent so she looks for it realizes what is going on, looks at the camera and makes it to the barn just in time to open the bag. Another testiment....they are fast and sneaky!!!!!!!

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
HEARING AID...NOW THATS FUNNY
default_new_rofl.gif

Im sorry about your leg/knee/foot but what a great outcome!! Great Job Dad!

Congratulations

OH! I'm happy all is okay with the foal and I hope your ankle is better soon! Your post was fun to read (great at telling a good story!). Congratulations and looking forward to pictures
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

So glad your sister was there to get the sack open! I too have a closet full of those darn boots. Even broke my left ankle the week I went to Area One show in NY. Had to drive in the dang thing and cancel Own Bred and Shown by classes, but still showed in liberty as I only had to stand there, the horse did all the work. Hope you have a speedy recovery, hate it when you hear the bone pop! Snap, Pop! Wear that dang boot!

If not for your sister, you would have lost that colt. I'm glad he was saved!
default_aktion033.gif
I hope your ankle gets better soon!

Well done to your sister.
default_aktion033.gif
Hearing aid....so funny! LOL!!

Hope your foot will get better quickly, but it sounds as though you have plenty of family around to help with the work while you rest up for a bit?

Anna

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
and Yay for relatives
default_aktion033.gif
and all the confusion without combustion.
default_new_shocked.gif

Your story reminded me of my sneaky mare a few years ago who popped the foal out while out of view of my "constant watch" by allowing a tree to block my view and went back to grazing. Neighbor let me know I had a newborn in the field. Had a circus of excited horses and dogs by the time I rushed out to them. While I was carrying the foal to the barn I caught a kick from the mare which was intended to tell the other horses to "back off". While a dear friend was over here trying to straighten out foal's legs (a problem that required surgery) and my wuzband and wife-in-law were here checking out the new little one hubbie took me to the pharmacy to get crutches. My leg was not broken but it was painfully swolen. And by the way my home is barely over 1200 square feet. I knooooooooow how difficult it can be having overnight guests.
default_thumbdown.gif

The hearing aid part was hilarious. My father-in-law once picked up our cordless phone and tried to change the tv channel with it. I think that was the same visit when at a restaurant he loudly asked us if our waitress was "pregnant or just fat?" We wanted to tell him that we thought "pregnant but not hard of hearing like YOU" (which in his case makes him tend to talk loud.)
default_blush.png

Hope you mend fast and glad it had a happy outcome.

OMG what a sneaky mare. So glad everything is all right and you have a beautiful boy after all your waiting. Hope you leg will be better soon.

haha what an awesome story, so much like my own Gandpa
default_wub.png
so glad your sister was able to get there in time!!! nice save sis!!

Can't wait to see some pics of your new colt, hope your ankle/foot gets beter real soon, I'm sure the colt would find it a most perculiar object hehe (the cast/boot that is
default_biggrin.png
)

Latest posts

Back