Funniest thing I've ever seen!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
I just can't believe this happened & I actually had the camera! If I would just tell someone about it, they probably wouldn't really get the silliness of it. I'm still laughing when I look at this sequence...

Dog Ursa has only been around horses for about 8 months. She LOVES LOVES them, but sometimes doesn't quite know her place. I could see her little wheels turning & she just went for it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And momma horse (Moss Grove Midnight Magic) just stood there! Baby is tentatively named Little Wee Midnight Sir Prize.

Baby just got here overnight. The last pix is what he really looks like. Oh, yeah, the filly fairy spell was broken.....he's a little sweet boy (out of two leopard parents. Maybe........he'll spot out.)

f35cde00.jpg

Ursa is just going along with baby.

f35cddfb.jpg

Baby gives Ursa a demo.

f35cddf9.jpg

Ursa gives it a try!!!!!!!!!!!

f35cde02.jpg

Little Wee Midnight Sir Prize -- not sure if Ursa was supposed to be there, but, hey, he just got here! It's all new to him!

I really don't know if Ursa licked or nursed, but I didn't see her move her head for either. Didn't hear anything either. But she must have liked what she tasted because a minute later, I got this photo!
new_shocked.gif
This is a very silly place.

f35c928a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aah thats hillarious hehhe!!the mre at our barn wouldnt let the dog within a meter of her and her foal
yes.gif
well when she was first born anyways!!

Those pics are awesome!!!! I too can't believe your mare let your dog get that close to the baby, especially during nursing...she must really trust your dog....I love the pic w/ your dog licking the colt...precious!
wub.gif

Dogs like milk too! Those pictures are too cute.
wub.gif
and your foal is just adorable. Was Ursa raised with the minis? I have an 8 month old pup who loves the minis and plays with my 2 month old colt.

What a wonderful thing! Isn't it amazing how well some animals get along! Such trust! You are so blessed to have these precious animals. Thanks for sharing with us. They're all gorgeous!

Okay....I gotta say the first set of pictures were definitely cute.....and then you posted that last picture! That just took the cake!
aktion033.gif

What a family you have there!
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif

MA

Very cute pixx and adorable baby! I am amazed too that some of our mares let our big dog right up there to sniff the new foals.

No, Ursa was a city dog. I got her from a rescue shelter deep inside the big city when she was about 8 months old. No farm for her before she came here last October. I truly believe in the breed (Am Staff) & had another faithful one, my Dear Prudence, for 12 years before I got Ursa.

Pru was my very best friend, my confidant, my co-worker & more. When she passed, I believed I would never find another dog like her. I always told her I had to die first, because I couldn't live without her.

Then came Ursa. She's not Pru, but she tries so hard & is working out better than I'd ever dreamed. I love her more every day.

The introduction to horseworld had to be slow & cautious, of course, as with any dog, but Oh My -- that time is paying off beyond my wildest dreams. I just love her to pieces & she loves her new life. I'm sure she thinks all the dogs at the shelter ended up like she did!

They were ready to put Ursa down. She had been at the shelter for two months & her time was more than up. Couldn't let that happen! Yes, I saved her life, but, what is maybe not so obvious is that she saved mine too!!
wub.gif

Those pics just made my day! What a nice momma, what a handsome colt (congratulations) and Ursa is wonderful. PLEASE post that last pic on Equusite! That is an all time year winner if not pic of the month! Isn't is wonderful how you are having an abundance of joy this year...it makes me happy to hear from you.

I'm going to buck the trend here. Cute picture? Yes, of course. But this could turn into a very dangerous situation. Can you monitor this dog 24/7? What if it gets more agressive and doesn't want to share its newfound dessert? What if they do continue to get along with no problems but the foal fails to get enough milk?

I have seen a similar situation with dogs and cows and it was NOT a funny situation. Be careful.

Back