Funniest thing I've ever seen!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Songcatcher said:
I'm going to buck the trend here.  Cute picture?  Yes, of course.  But this could turn into a very dangerous situation.  Can you monitor this dog 24/7?  What if it gets more agressive and doesn't want to share its newfound dessert?  What if they do continue to get along with no problems but the foal fails to get enough milk?
I have seen a similar situation with dogs and cows and it was NOT a funny situation.  Be careful.

419742[/snapback]

Songcatcher --- Ursa IS monitored 24/7. She's rarely, if ever, out of my sight. She'll most likely never try this again. It was a very controlled situation in which I was, obviously, right there. I think you have undue concern. My horses, my dog, under very watchful eye constantly. Here's a picture from Pru's life -- in 12 years she never EVEN ONCE threatened or endangered the horses. Ursa will be the same, with a watchful eye from me nonetheless. I don't leave her alone with the horses. Ok, maybe she grazes with them, but she respects them & doesn't chase or bother them. If she was any threat, do you think Momma horse her would have missed that? I don't think so. Sorry you're worried. Don't be. If you'd be interested in getting a little more glimpse into Pru's life with the horses, go to our In Memory page on our website.

mercedesfillypru.jpg

This was an horrific foaling & momma & me were exhausted. Pru cleaned off, completely, that helpless little foal! I didn't have ONE SECOND of worry.
wub.gif
I was just thankful she was there.

No, I wouldn't suggest anyone else try any of these things. I know my dogs & I know my horses. It's not the situation for everyone, but, I'm blessed with it. Thanks for your concern tho.

heheheheh!!!!!! Hey--do I see a hint of mottling on that sweet little face???

Congradulations on a beautiful colt and a very cool dog too! lol

-Amy

Hi Karen...The pictures are hysterical, can wait to see the new Baby on Sunday...I'll see you then.

I truely believe Ursa is God's gift to you for all your loss. HE would never send you an angel that would do harm. That last pic is priceless.

We have never had the dogs try that, however we did have a mini foal one year that nursed of our dog who had puppies at that time. She just stood there and let him.

Those are the Sweetest Pictures!!!
yes.gif

Ursa is one lucky dog in more ways than she knows...around here they are considered NOT Adoptable..and are automatically put down..even some shar-pei mixes with the wide skulls are considered "pit" mixes...
no.gif

Anyway, give Ursa a big hug for me!!!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back