Funky colors....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I haven't done anything with MayZ this year...as I've put all my show money into sending Lacy to a trainer.

BUT.....there is a show coming up the end of the month close to me, where my trainer will be showing Lacy. (I am picking her up to bring her home then, too) I decided to take MayZ & show her, as the cost is soooooo low ($1.00 per class!)
biggrin.gif
and I'm going anyway....so why not take her.

I started to body clip her today to see what she looks like clipped & how far in advance I need to clip her for this show. WOW....what a funky color I found under all that dark hair.
wacko.gif

Here she is in her "natural" summer coat....Black/Bay Sabino/Frame Overo.

f2d92e1e.jpg

and here is her other side...clipped! I only clipped one side & then decided to take pictures to show the contrast Her head's not been touched yet either.

f2d92e1d.jpg

She almost looks like she has some dappling going on....but no silver here at all.

The Sabino gene causes lots of roaning...and I'm sure that is why the color difference when clipped. But the roaning hardly shows at all in her natural coat.

Hmmmmmmmmm......will see how she does against her sister Lacy in color class!
laugh.gif

Here's a couple of head shots I took, while I'm at it.

f2d92e1a.jpg

f2d92e17.jpg

it can be amazing ( no pun intended ) lol to see the difference in clipped colors and WOW 1 buck a class now that is truly amazing
smile.gif

Wow, she does look different clipped. She is a beautiful girl either way but I like her with her natural coat best.
biggrin.gif

Freida

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis said:
it can be amazing ( no pun intended ) lol to see the difference in clipped colors and WOW 1 buck a class now that is truly amazing
smile.gif

447520[/snapback]

yes.gif
It's a sanctioned AMHR show too, and the stalls are only $3.00! It's held during the Darke Co. Fair, and I think that is why the cost is so low. This show was the very first Miniature show I entered, way back in 1991!
biggrin.gif
So, it's been around for a while & attracts LOTS of Miniatures from all around. The neat thing about this show, is that there are paybacks! There have been years that all my entries & stalls only totalled $35.00......and I made over $l00.00 in paybacks! Well worth my time!
yes.gif

I personally like her funky color very much. Also the dapple could just be from being healthy.

I tried to post this last night but my 'puter froze up & I gave up, so will try again now...

That is a VERY pretty mare Dona! I like her a lot.

I'm impressed, too, with those low show fees for an AMHR show. And paybacks too--WOW. I wish we had shows like that around here! Even when the shows are in with a fair or exhibition we don't get deals like that. Heck, even our little rural ag society fairs don't always come that cheap. They do give payback, but entry fees are often $2 or $3 a class....and they aren't sanctioned Mini shows.

She's so pretty roaning or not and i love her face. I'll make a note to come back and check for her show results. Good luck with both girls!

I'm going to go against the grain here....................

I like her clipped out color 10 times more than her natural coat
ohmy.gif

But then again I love the roany look of sabino
biggrin.gif

Either way she is gorgeous!!!
yes.gif

All I can say is Wow!! She is one wild color!!

She is sleek enough you can easily get by, by not clipping her and still win!!

Latest posts

Back