FUN WITH UNUSUAL WORDS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Unusual words always get my attention. I thought it would be fun if we tossed some around here. I will just put one out here to start. We can have some laughs and expand our horizons. I know from reading that thread about old forum members and how threads can create laughter that some of you guys have vivid imaginations.

Ok, so I present the word and the definition and then the next person use MY word in a sentence.

So then that person leaves a new unusual word and definition of it at the bottom of their post for the next person to grab and make a sentence with. That person needs to leave a new word with its definition.

Ok, here goes. antigropelos: waterproof leggings, hip-waders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love words and keep a list of each new one I come across. I'll have to add antigropelos.

My sentence:

While reading much of what is written on the internet, it may be advisable to wear antigropelos.

My word:

recrudesce

to break our again, recur

I love words and keep a list of each new one I come across. I'll have to add antigropelos.

My sentence:

While reading much of what is written on the internet, it may be advisable to wear antigropelos.

My word:

recrudesce

to break our again, recur
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif
next????

I'd like to use both your words, Vickie and Susanne!

Prior to surfing onto the Huffington Post website, I decided to follow Susanne's advice and wear my antigropelos; however, I fell asleep in front of the computer and have experienced a recrudesce of a heat rash on my lower legs.

Next Word:
jejune: lacking interest or significance

I'll try to keep up!

When I was in college I couldn't stand jejune lectures.

My word is easy: thwack, to strick with or as with something flat or heavy.

I would love to thwack people who enjoy spreading untrue rumors and lies about people just to be hateful.

(and also people who believe them without bothering to find out the truth)

Asinine: extremely or "]utterly foolish <an asinine excuse>

Fun Vickie,

I went fishing today and didn't get wet

Mine is

ZENZIZENZIZENZIC - A number raised to the eighth power

Jenny

OMG, I gotta go again, Robin. Asinine is a word I actually use on a regular basis.

Personally, I think it's utterly
asinine
that more people voted for their favorite SINGERS on American Idol than voted in the 2008 US PRESIDENTIAL Election.
NEXT WORD:

ratiocinate: to reason or argue logically

Woopsy daisy. It looks like we got a newernew word before the older new word was used. I'll jump in for the save! whooooosh

Republican party leaders can rationcinate among themselves forty to the zenzizezenzizenzic about throwing Todd Akin under the bus this week but I think that their unforgiveness of a man who misspoke while standing on principle is just wrong....especially since his apology was sincere and brave.

new word: vennootschap (teamwork or partnership)

opps Jill didn't read what you said right..sorry!

I was in the water with my antigropelos on

haha

I liked the way Spock would ratiocinate.

word

JUMENTOUS...smelling like horse urine

another woopsy daisy. Somebody needs to use the 2 new words
default_yes.gif
. I knew this would be fun.

The american people and the government should vennootschap together

word

VENTRIPOTENT ...big-bellied, gluttonous

Since our rainy early summer limited our driving time, Mingus looks rather ventripotent and will be too embarrassed to wear his speedo at the beach.

NEW WORD

susurrus -- whispering, murmuring, rustling

Don't know about your horses but my stallion after a good back rub usually lifts his tail and a quiet sound similar to a susurrus is rudely aimed at me
default_thud.gif

NEW WORD

steatophygic - having a grand gluteus maximus or a plump posterior

countrymini you kill me
default_new_rofl.gif

When I was younger I went into Dillards and Penneys shopping for a padded undergarment since I had the backside of a jaybird; nowadays as I squeeze into my britches I wonder "how did I morph into such a steatophygic gal" and then the Brazilian butt informercial comes on....oh woe is me!

word: tubicinate (to blow a trumpet)

word: tubicinate (to blow a trumpet)
I hope I'm one of many forum members who feel the urge to tubicinate on the heels of this year's AMHR National Show.

Next word:
vellicate
:
to twitch; to tickle or pinch

When I was a the races the bugler tried to tubicinate but only got spitting sounds out..haha

word: Agelast..A person who never laughs

Ok, next player has a 2fer. Use both the words vellicate and agelast.

I hate to admit this but, when I vellicate my hubby under his arms he is agelast, no fun at all!

Next word is one of my favorites, but never use: jurrasic, the period of time between triassic and cretaceous or the corresponding systems of roacks marked by the presence of dinosaurs and the first appereance of birds!

OMG, Terry! I just used that word this morning talking to my mom, and it was in this kind of context... I probably haven't used the word before today since so long ago when I read Crichton's book with that in the title:

The other day, there was a spider in the garage that was so big, it looked like it might have been from the
jurassic
era!
Next Word: tastevin: wine taster

PS this is fun!!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back