Fun drive this evening!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleonard

Reaction score
My friend decided that she wanted to come drive with me a few days ago. We went on Sunday, and she must be hooked, because she was brave enough to go again today, despite temps in the 30's and scattered snow showers. It has been such fun to be able to see someone else drive Suzy, I rarely have anyone who will drive with me. This was only the second time I've taken Locita away from home, and Sunday was first time that I've been able to ask her to really open her trot up, she can fly! She is proving to be a fun little driving horse, I regret that I did not get her going sooner!

*Sorry for the poor quality of some of the photos, the camera was cold and there wasn't a lot of light left*

SANY1060.jpg

SANY1071.jpg

SANY1074.jpg

SANY1075.jpg

SANY1069.jpg

SANY1067.jpg

SANY1076.jpg

SANY1085.jpg

SANY1083.jpg

SANY1084.jpg

Always nice to have a driving buddy! Looks like you had fun! And what fabulous looking trails!!! The grass is sure looking a lot greener down your way!

Great photos! Locita looks awesome and I'm pleased to see Suzy remembers her lessons on stretching and using her topline. (I still get a kick out of having met and driven forum horses all the way across the country at the National Drive. So fun!) What did your friend think of the Hyperbike?

Your harness adjustment and posture are perfect and I love Locita's nice engaged walk. I'm envious of all that lovely KY countryside too!
default_laugh.png
No fair being all wide-open and wood fences!
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Beautiful, and looks like so much fun! You do have a nice place to drive. We have nice places here, but you have to drive a ways as a rule.

Look at where you live!!! It's gorgeous. Lucky you having such a beautiful area to drive in.

Each time I see photos of forum horses driving, I get more and more excited about learning too! How great to have a friend share it with too.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it really is a gorgeous area, we feel so lucky to be here. We live in a development made up of five acre lots, many of which also have horses. My road connects to a development that went in behind our place that has one acre lots that follow a one mile loop around. In our area, if a development had lots smaller than 5 acres, the developers must leave a certain amount of "green space", so the inside of the loop is all open. That is where the little wooded patch is. It's just a stand of trees that takes up about three acres, but I love going down there, and so do the horses. The trees are spaced perfect for marathon practice! Suzy knows when we are going to the "woods", and gets so excited, starts prancing and getting herself ready, she knows the second we hit the trees she gets to run
default_laugh.png
From my house, all the way around the loop, and back is about three and a half miles.

Everything is so green right now, we've had such a wet spring, which is a nice change after two years of drought!

Leia, you have no idea what it means to me to have you say my posture and harness look good, it made my day!!! I stress so much over trying to get everything perfect, so it is great to know that it pays off. Ally did love the Hyperbike especially after she got to take it through the trees and really see what it can do! I didn't think I was going to be able to get her to stop, she was having so much fun. Suzy has been doing very well with her stretching. She loves to stretch down at the walk now. She is getting much better at the trot too, but still has some work to do there. I am so glad that I was able to meet and work with you at the National Drive, it really was one of the most benneficial things I could have done for Suzy (and myself). Hope to see you there this year!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back