FUN AT THE FAIR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Just wanted to crow a little. We do show, of course, at AMHR shows. But for 28 years now we have shown at our county fair's pony show (minis to haflingers!). We have the bragging rights to have introduced and shown the first two miniatures at this fair 19 years ago, where we were the only two minis (had to show in the open men's and ladie's pleasure driving classes, since everything else was for Shetland and Welsh at that time). Now there are 50-70 miniatures entered each year (registered and unregistered). We have a lot of 4-Her's showing their minis at this fair.

This year we had the Grand AND Reserve Champion Halter geldings (32 geldings represented). It is our Grand Ch.'s 3rd Championship there and our Reserve's 2nd. The Ch. horse also received 3-1st's, 2-2nd's and a 3rd (he "pooped" out) in the driving classes. Our other gelding and my Mom's little fellow received placings also in their classes.

It's great to see the minis represented at these fairs. The grade minis were as well kept and presented as the registered ones.

You should have seen the mini team hitch classes! There was a Jr. class for the 4-Her's. A regular team hitch class and a 4-abreast (new this year). What a variety of wagons! Some a bit homemade, but everyone of them cherished by their owners! Many minis sported draft braiding of some style or the other. It was great to see! My hubby is chomping at his bit to get his two geldings going so he can drive hitch again.

We so enjoy the Fair. We have many new friends in the Haflinger and Norwegian Fjord folks who are showing there now too. We all support each other and it is such fun! If you have never tried showing at a Fair, find a good one and give it a try!

Congrats!!

I LOVE my teams and am currently trying to get a four up going!

Kudos and congrats!!! I think this is one of the BEST ways to promote miniatures that there is! I encourage everyone to try to get mini classes added (or enter their minis in pony classes) at their local Fairs.

That's wonderful! And to think, YOU opened up the possibility to other mini owners to show there!

Fairs are perfect avenues to introduce these little guys to the general public. As a matter of fact,

that's how WE learned about minis....at the Oregon State Fair in 1989....and bought our first mini the

following year. In 1991 we participated in our first show, which happened to be a county fair.

Lots of good memories.

That is so awesome! Congrats on the placings and for getting the little ones out to be seen in public.

Did you get any pics of the hitch classes?

Congrats, it sounds like it was a great turnout. I'd also like to see pictures if you have any.

We were so busy showing that we didn't get a pictures. My son got a few of my husband and Mom in some driving. Didn't get any of the hitch classes-drat! I need to learn how to post pictures on here. I may be able to post what we have so far. We had the 'throw away' camera's pics put on a CD for the computor. Will have to download what my son got on our new digital on the computor too (I hope, we are still learning how to use it). And then see what he got on my Mom's digital. We can load from her memory chip too. I know Chad (my son) used all three cameras. I think he took quite a few on my Mom's. I don't think he was there during the mini hitches though. Have to see.

Thanks for all the congrats!

WOW!!! That is fantastic!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back