Full Body Clip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adell Equine

Reaction score
Mom and I clipped one of our mini stallions this weekend. He got a rough clip, a bath then a finished clip after he was dry.

This is the first time we have body clipped a horse. So we are wondering how long he will look clipped. I don't mean the few clipper lines (we did pretty good if I do say so myself) but when will the 'true' colour come up?

We used a #10 and ran it backwards. Its short!

Depending on the quality of the coat, a couple days to a week. I end up clipping my guys at least 2-4 weeks (basically before every show).

I body clip with #15. What do you mean by ran it backwards ?

I clip our horses about 3 - 5 days before a show, no farther out then that really...but that is just me. I like a tight clipped coat. I clip before every show, i have two that are really close in early june (june 8th , then june 13th) and will body clip for each of those shows separate.

I'd say maybe 5 days - 10 days on average until color comes in
default_smile.png

He is a bay. We ran the clippers against the hair, not running the same way it grows. Running it backwards is just was my mom and her dog groomer friends call it.

Latest posts

Back