Ft. Worth Stock Show - Who's attending?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RelentlessMinis

Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

Our first show of 2013 will be the Ft. Worth Stock Show. We attended this show last year and had an absolute blast! It's pretty neat to see all the different breeds and everything going on.

Who all is planning on going? We will be there with three of our horses, showing in just about anything and everything!

I was really hesitant about showing this year at the Stock Show- our guys picked up some sort of bug that promptly went through the whole herd and even killed a yearling colt....
default_sad.png
There was even a Gypsy at our vet's that had been at the show and SHE was sick, too.

But, we don't have any youngstock this year (it was all horses under 4 years that got sick- and I mean ALL of them!) and my friends wanted to go. Since all their horses live on the farm, we decided to go again. However, we decided against full-body clipping and will only head clip this year.

I am taking one, Jane is taking two and Kristen is taking two. They are entered in anything they are elegible for!

I was really hesitant about showing this year at the Stock Show- our guys picked up some sort of bug that promptly went through the whole herd and even killed a yearling colt....
default_sad.png
There was even a Gypsy at our vet's that had been at the show and SHE was sick, too.

But, we don't have any youngstock this year (it was all horses under 4 years that got sick- and I mean ALL of them!) and my friends wanted to go. Since all their horses live on the farm, we decided to go again. However, we decided against full-body clipping and will only head clip this year.

I am taking one, Jane is taking two and Kristen is taking two. They are entered in anything they are elegible for!

Im sorry to hear about all of your guys getting sick
default_sad.png
That's horrible! Hopefully this year all of the minis stay healthy. We too will only be head/neck clipping this year. It just gets too cold some nights here and I don't think it would be a good idea to clip them completely that early in the year.

See you there!

We used to do the stock show - and body clip for it. Just too cold for that, and took hair coats too long to grow back in right. Hope everyone stays well this year!

I am NUTS! Taking sixteen horses, seven Thursday Kids, and Lauren and me! Always have a fun time though and so very important to keep the miniatures in front of the huge crowds. We used to show for around nine stock shows in Texas and now FW is all that is left. Still many people come up who have NEVER SEEN A MINIATURE IN PERSON!

Wow, Tony! You must be nuts! LOL

I agree with keeping miniature horses in front of people and like Jan, I used to do that show every year, too. Including body clipping. But, I hate clipping horses in the middle of winter and having to keep them blanketed and they are still cold, so I quit going to that show. That, plus the fact that our weather here in OK can be so iffy in January, that in some years past, I couldn't even get out of my driveway, due to snow and ice, to go to the show!

Good luck to those going and I will look forward to seeing the results!

I am NUTS! Taking sixteen horses, seven Thursday Kids, and Lauren and me! Always have a fun time though and so very important to keep the miniatures in front of the huge crowds. We used to show for around nine stock shows in Texas and now FW is all that is left. Still many people come up who have NEVER SEEN A MINIATURE IN PERSON!
Your kids had an AMAZING time last year, though!! And they filled their classes! Well done!!!

Just head/neck for us this year. Our barns are NOT enclosed, everyone just gets too cold. My guy that's going isn't too fuzzy right now, as he was clipped for Worlds. Fortunately Sunny isn't going, he looks like he's ready to gfo back to Canada! I have never seen such a fuzzy guy! The Sta-puffed Marshmallow guy has NOTHING on him!!

Latest posts

Back