Frustrated. . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying minis

Reaction score
So I'm getting really frustrated. Isn't there a timeline that show managers have to get placings in to ASPC/AMHR?

Here's the deal, I went to a show a little over a month ago. Bad weather, lots of classes, really slow moving show, all combined to make the jumping / hunter classes very confusing. Placings were given on and off during the classes, ribbons not given out, etc. Which is not really a problem for me. They did announce placings, but it was hard to even keep track of what class placings they were announcing, especially since we were still jumping while the placings were announced. Anyway, a week later I emailed the manager and asked if I could get a listing of my placings from that evening. She replied (a week later) that she would be sending the results with the receipts by the end of the week. Almost 3 weeks later now, no receipt, no placings, and nothing on the ASPC/AMHR website. I know this is not a huge thing, but I'd kind of like to know how we did? Emailed her again end of last week but received no response. Isn't this something you should do if you are a show manager?

Not going to say any show or person names, because I know it's not a big deal. . . just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to get the info - or do I just wait for it to post on the website?

AMHR just updated a few shows in the last couple of days. But they are still way behind. If the show used the computer, the show manager should be able to get you a "Performance report" off the system and mail it to you.

I really want to know where my gelding stands on his HOF, but guess I have to wait also.

I believe amhr updates on Fridays I usually checked friday evening as their time is earlier than us on the east coast

I would also try calling/ or emailing amhr to see if they have results yet and how long it may be before they are online

Show managers have 30 days from the show date to send their results in--and AMHR allows 5 or 6 days after that before they assess a fine (I think the fine is optional, & I'm not sure anyone does get fined?) Then from there it depends how quickly AMHR gets the show results processed and posted. Some years they are very quick, other years it takes them longer. Right now the show department is busy processing the Congress entries, so show results might (I am guessing) be delayed a bit.

We had a show here on June 8th. The show results are sitting here all ready to go, but we have a mail strike here at the moment so mail cannot go anywhere. I may have to break down & send the package via UPS, but that will cost twice as much as it will if I can send them via Canada Post. I technically have until July 7th to mail the results, but according to the rules the package would then have to arrive at the office within 5 or 6 days....and mail from Canada takes at least a week, possibly 10 days, to get there. So, I really do need to send it by Wed. or Thursday of next week.

I could use FedEx, but you know what price I was quoted from them? $112. There's just no way this show can afford to pay that! Canada Post will be $26 or $30. UPS will likely be $50-$60.

That said, I did type up the show results within a week of the show, so anyone that wanted/needed to see them could ask to have that e-mailed to them. However, not all shows do that. You might try phoning the show manager and ask to have a few specific classes looked up while you're on the phone.

Latest posts

Back