Frosty's dead

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I just got back from in the barn. I went down to feed and Water since i didnt when i came in and after i got done w/ the mini's i headed down to our horse barn to feed and water the other horses and maybe take them for a walk. I walked in and usually Wilbert will start making noise and then Frosty would start getting jumping and making even more noise. Well Wilbert did this thing ..But i didnt hear Frosty. I walked over to his stall and since he is 36 years old he is usually laying down and eating hay ..so i didnt see him standing. I walk over and look over the Stall and my heart broke. There he lay in his side w/ his legs huddled up beside him. I started crying imediately bc that horse was my 'father figure' almost. You just cannot understand what is special about him unless you have had him your whole life and grew up w/ him. He tought me life's lessons and i tought him a couple to. I came back in and got dad (who at first didnt beleive me ..even though i was crying) and we went down to the barn and dad didnt cry ...i can tell he wanted to. But no tears.

This happening after what happened today w/ coco and my day just going down the drain ...ruened my day and Prob my week! I just cant stop crying ...i miss him already. I already miss the walking down by the creek and watching him role in the shallow water and mud and them him bumping me all the way back home trying to get me dirty ....oh this is touph.

R.I.P ~Frosty~

100_9512.jpg

100_9507.jpg

no.gif

[SIZE=14pt]So very sorry you lost Frosty today. I know he meant alot to you.... If he just fell asleep and didnt wake up that is the absolute best way to go! Hope you can feel better about it soon.[/SIZE]

Lyn
no.gif

It's so hard to lose a dear friend! Heartful hugs to you!

I'm so sorry for your loss. It looks like he was a well loved horse, and loved you too.

Oh, I am so sorry - What a long. wonderful and special life you and Frosty had together - It is tough to loose the very special ones..............

Although he is gone from this earth, those wonderful memories you and he had together will last forever in your heart. Hugs to you.

no.gif
So sorry for your pain.

But remember all horses go to heaven and become young agian!!

You'll see him agian.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You had some wonderful years with a very special horse.

Oh Honey, I'm so very sorry but what a wonderful life you two had. Hold on tight to the memories and hug Wilbur tight. He'll be sad too.

I am so so sorry
no.gif

I'll lend you, for a little while,

My grandest horse, He said.

For you to love while he's alive

And mourn for when he's dead.

It may be one or twenty years,

Or days or months, you see.

But, will you, till I take him back,

Take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charm to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief,

You'll have treasured memories

To bring solace in your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But, there are lessons taught on earth

I want this horse to learn.

I've looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes

With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give him your total love,

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate Me when I come

To take him back again?

I know you'll give his tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness you've known

Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for him

Much sooner than you'd planned,

You'll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday understand.

Oh Sweetie, I am so very sorry for your loss and know how hard it is to lose a lifelong pal. I lost a 35 yr old best friend, 3 short years ago, and I had her for 33 years..I have some wonderful memories of her just as you will have of Frosty.I now have her constant companion who just turned 33, and I know what I have to face in the near future, but again..I will have all his wonderful memories. We had him since he was a foal. Please remember your Frosty is never very far from you, and in no pain, and now he is romping with all our horses who have crossed Rainbow Bridge. Here is a (((( Hugg))) for you and if you need to talk just email me. Corinne

sad.gif
Just got on and saw this, SO sorry for this huge loss to you!

Know hw is rolling in a stream free of the strain of those extra years and enjoying watching down on all those he loves..

RIP Frosty and hugs to you. Maxine

I feel so badly for you and I know what you are going through. It's so hard to accept this huge loss and Frosty was so very much loved. Please accept my sympathy.

Latest posts

Back