Frost!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
I thought it was odd that I woke up this morning completely encased by dogs and cats on the bed. And I noticed, when I was finally able to free myself from them, that my toes were a wee bit cold. The sun just came up and I see frost on the lawn! And there's a respectable layer of ice on the windshields. It seems early to me.

I was just griping last week that I wish winter would hurry up and get here, just so my workload would ease up a bit. And this morning, I feel like I'd like just a few more weeks of summer. I haven't yet moved in my tender perennials; my kumquat tree, lemon verbena, the pinapple sage. Fortunately, the guys did move in my family heirloom jade plant on Friday; that one would be heartbreaking to loose. I guess I'd better get the rest moved in today. I hope I haven't killed them already.

I guess it's time to break out the bucket heaters (there goes the power bill). All my horse blankets are in getting cleaned and repaired, but I don't think we are close to needing them just yet. I hope...

Get ready... here comes old man winter!!!

Thats whats so nice about living in Texas, we get winter probably for 3 days.
biggrin.gif

yep I went out to fill waters and shot a bunch of ice cubes out of the hose
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
oh drat time to start draining hoses again.........man I hate that part of winter
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Here is southeast Idaho we are expecting snow tonight!!!!!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
[/SIZE]

Tammi

I for one would welcome the first frost~! No skeeter, no files, no gnats, And then a nice Indian Summer...And I have a nice snow blower so I don't mind lots of snow for our winters either..

We've finally started getting cooler temps here in the northeast and I am welcoming them with open arms!!!
yes.gif
This summer has been just waaayyy too hot and humid, I'm ready for winter, cool and cold temps, no flies, bees, fleas and ants, snow, pretty landscape, toasting marshmallows and weenies by the firepit while snuggled in your warm barncoat drinking hot chocolate. I'd surely miss them if I lived somewhere else that does'nt have them....ahhh yes....I love the 4 seasons!!!
aktion033.gif

Welllllll I'll trade ya!!! LOL Its 106 here ( and humid) , hotter than its been all summer. Knew that after a hurricane it got hot but SHEEESH had no clue , to make it worse there is NO breeze. I am 190 miles inland, cant even imagine what its like south or with no power. Its unbearable out there.

Yep i am with you it got cold very fast came home from Nationals and wow what a shock the change in weather in the 10 days I was gone.

My poor naked horse is wearing his blanket and a hood.. the other 3 are alot hairyier already as they were clipped before Nationals and could have been but werent re done at the show.

This is just fine we dont need ice or snow .. just like this all year and i would be a happy camper.

Rori i am with you it is such a simple thing and so not a big deal but I HATE draining the hose it is my absolute most despised winter chore

Latest posts

Back