Frontiers First 2008 Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
Sorrel colt foaled 4/5/08 and diffently worth the wait. I am so excited about this little guy!! Thanks so much for letting me share.

Wildfires%20Foal.jpg

Thanks Jill.....how many more do you have to go and are you going to be selling any? I have a custom order in with you and Erica. LOL!!! Saw Erica at Lufkin and told her what my customized order for next year is so she is going to start working on that. All of your foals have been gorgeous!!

Congrats Sherry.

I see you are still in Candy Land. LOL

Who is he out of?

Hope for fillies for the rest.

He is out of Wildfire and the stallion I leased last year..... Just Right (full brother to Patton). JR is a chestnut as well.
default_wink.png

The candyland reference is for us oldies who use to play the game. It was mostly red and white (everything looked like a candy cane) and so I joke with Ellen alot that I have Candyland going on because I could breed a green horse to a purple horse and would get either a sorrel or sorrel pinto. :DOH! Don't get me wrong I love sorrel or sorrel pinto but still would like to look out in the pasture and see a variety of colors (yes conformationally correct foremost). Last mare I bought (my Little Andy broodmare) I told my hubby anything but sorrel as I have enough of those and low and behold what did I come home with........yep a sorrel pinto!! :DOH! As always conformation outruled color. Oh well!! If they come homegrown like this guy I won't complain. Three more left and the next one will be 99% sorrel pinto (Andy mare) as she is a sorrel pinto bred to a sorrel and all of her foals (5) have been pinto's with different stallions so she is probably homozygous but I have not had her tested yet. So Candyland will continue. Then I have a silver bay (visually looks sorrel pinto) and a buckskin left. So I might have a fighting chance with the buckskin.

Anybody looking for a sorrel or sorrel pinto foal??
default_biggrin.png

I think too many people were stealing the filly fairy and she didn't make it to my farm on time. I have two more chances for a filly as the silver bay will give me a colt unless she wants to surprise the heck out of me.

Thanks to all now I have to find a name that fits "his highness" so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back