From Kaykay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryHaven

Reaction score
I just got a call from Kay. She didn't want anyone to think she was ignoring them but she had a severe lightening strike at her farm last night and all her computers/tvs/answering machines etc are fried. Everyone is okay and the horses are fine though
smile.gif

Hi Everyone,

Since Kay's computer is down, please email me, or any of the other BOD, if you need information from CMHR. My email is [email protected]

If you have membership questions, please contact our treasurer at [email protected] and she will help where she can.

Thank you all for your understanding.

saludando.gif

I spoke with her a little while ago.

Did get a laugh or two out of her!

Working on repairs, but she works this evening.

hi all im on my daughtrs borrowed computer until i can get mine fixed thanks for all the good wishes! hopefully mine will be fixed soon

Mine got fried too! The 3rd time in 2 yrs! Isn't there anything one can buy to protect the computer at least?

Hi Dimimore,

Do you have a power surge protector? We bought one for the computer, printer, etc. to plug into and have never had any problems due to lightning
smile.gif

well i hate to tell you but mine had a 200.00 surge protctor on it. problem is thelightning hit went thru the phone cord!! both computrs have fried modems due to thhe phone line. I guess when there is a storm all of us on dial up should unplug th phone line. Ive been on the net forever and never had this happen!

kaykay said:
well i hate to tell you but mine had a 200.00 surge protctor on it. problem is thelightning hit went thru the phone cord!! both computrs have fried modems due to thhe phone line. I guess when there is a storm all of us on dial up should unplug th phone line. Ive been on the net forever and never had this happen!
Yep, I had that happen last year. I never let my computer on when I'm not around anymore, and never go online during a storm. I used to all the time. All I had to do was replace the modem though. The computer itself was okay. Hope that's all you need to do too.

Latest posts

Back