from black to blue!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naira3284

Reaction score
just cliped my litle snot.
biggrin.gif

im happy with how she turned out
wub.gif
now I still need a name.

anny sugestions?

I want something to do with her awsome trotting action

wich I cant seem to get a pick of

I always just end up with a nose in the lense, or color(blue)

or something
wacko.gif
lol I dont know.

so what do you think?

couple weeks ago:

Picture002.jpg

couple days ago:

ShowLetter.jpg

sorry its so big

Cute!!! Very big color change! Im going to have a lot of that as all my born solid appy foals this year are now appy roaning out big time!

She's cute!

What are her parents names?

Are you calling her anything right now?

well its goin to start with

FDF EK's............

I dont want to use parents names since, one I cant say and the other one is dumn.

some kind of dance maybe, or a shade of blue, or a blu stone...

dam : Spicie F.B.

Picture025.jpg

sire : Dare To Dream EKs Savoir Fair

olie2.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]See Desi if your filly were a blue roan that is what she would look like with her body clipped. Yours is a grey .[/SIZE]

Lyn

no she's just a bleached out blue roan.

plus I dident clip her legs so they are lighter than they should be.

its funny, she was all black with light legs, now all that was light is dark

and all that was dark is light
wacko.gif

parents are black and chestnut based, no way to get a bay.
smile.gif

Wow beautiful horse. Love the color.

How about FDF EK's Trotting up a Blue Streak ?

or FDF EK's Trottin up a Blue Streak.

Naira3284 said:
no she's just a bleached out blue roan.plus I dident clip her legs so they are lighter than they should be.

its funny, she was all black with light legs, now all that was light is dark

and all that was dark is light
wacko.gif

parents are black and chestnut based, no way to get a bay.
smile.gif

420186[/snapback]

Actually it is possible for Agouti (Bay) to be hidden in the Chestnut. Not saying it is in this case, but possible.

She's a pretty girl.

How about

FDF EK.......

I've got the Blues

Blue Moves

Movin the Blues

Blues on the Move

No More Blues

Blue No More

High Steppin Blues

This is one of my favorite names. I figured I would share because it will probably be a looong time before I'm able to get my dream blue roan.

FDF EK's Out of the Blue.

Very pretty girl!

Kim

Errmm.... I think she's Bay Roan too, I don't think she looks Black in the first picture, I think she looks Bay!!! Every way to get Bay- Dam is hiding Agouti, as mentioned, + Black = Bay. My Bay Roan presents as far more Black Roan than that but has the brown nose that equals Bay Roan. Also, of course I bred her so I know she was Bay at birth!! Your filly also has a brown nose and her legs would be black whatever, whether she was Black Roan or Bay Roan. Makes no difference, she's still pretty, but, if you end up putting "Blue" in her name and she is Bay- well....

A beautiful girl like that deserves a beautiful name.

How about FDF EK's Saphire Tango?

Lorna

(Im not too good with names, but I try.)

ok

I realy like some of these names,

but I guess she might be a bay roan so opinions are needed.

the reason her legs and nose are brown is because I dident clip them.

underneath there is black hair. her head is the same color as my stalions before I

cliped him. he was all bleached out.

is she a blue or a bay?

a day old.

Picture004.jpg

almost a month.

Picture006.jpg

now.

ShowLetter.jpg

WOW....she sure looks black in those baby pictures! Weird color change. You would have thought if the lower legs sunbleached that much, the mane would hav also.

her legs are not sun bleached, they just are not cliped. look at her front right leg . thats how dark her legs are when cliped. I tryed that leg and than we all got tired so I gave up. lol and her mane does have a redish tint to it in some areas. but I cant see it in the picks.
wacko.gif

ok,

there is a agouti gene test right?

so, does annybody have a site, or a place where I could get her tested?

also,

her barn name is Loona (moon)

so

FDF EK's Ina Blu Moon

i dont know, just another name I thaught of.

thanks

She looks a lot like my blue roan in the pre-clip shot. She does look more bay though compared to him.

When I first clipped him I thought maybe he was bay because he had a brown shade to him but now that his hair has grown out he is truly a blue. This is him the day he was born,

fuel4.jpg

This is him shortly after his body clip. I didn't do his legs. They have now shed out to a beautiful dark black.

dieselnew%20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way you can now tell my Bay Roan is a Bay Roan and not a Black Roan is that the tip of her nose is BROWN. A brown nose makes a BAY Roan, not a Black Roan. The foal still looks Bay to me, Dark Bay, Yes, but Bay. The clipped pictures- once again, the leg colour has nothing to do with anything. It is the HEAD that will tell you and the head is Bay.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back