From $100 tooo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelinkellyville

Reaction score
Back in the spring of this year, a friend of the family was at a horse sell in texas when a black Mini was coming through the sell and since he wasn't there to buy anything small (he likes the bigger ponies) he wasn't paying much attention to him, until he came into the ring then he saw him move and he thought to himself, I know exactly where this litte guy needs to go. So he bid on him and got him for $100.00. Then he called my daughter and told her what he had done. Well, my daughter and her husband took him on and began training him to drive, and it was a battle from the start, but they also saw something in the way he moved and kept after him until they had him trained for driving. They brought him to me to show in a color class in Ada the first show, just so we get get him qualified for Nationals, the second show in Ada I drove him and did pretty good with him.

Now we come to Nationals and I drive in the PMC Pleasure class and this is how it turned out.

Introducing Hopwoods BJ Knight Rider. (I hope that the Hopwoods see this and are as proud of him as I am)(The tall man heading for me is my son-in-law)

National Champion.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Oh that is awesome.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

That is really wonderful!!!!!!

It goes to show what I always say, you don't have to buy the high dollar horses to get a great mini that's worth their weight in gold! Give those diamond in the roughs a chance to shine! Kudos to those that saw his potential and gave him a chance!
default_aktion033.gif

That's super! Thanks for sharing.

Hey that's sort of a Cinderella story!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! And what a GREAT story!!! Should be a reminder to us all not to ignore a horse just because of the price. There are often circumstances that lead to a good horse availabe for a dirt price.

What a great transformation from sale barn to Champion!
default_aktion033.gif

That is a wonderful story! He is so lucky to have found a great home so he can do what he does best!!! Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back