Friendly Miniature Owners

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range

Reaction score
I am SO disappointed! I like checking on this forum and love how supportive you all are here, but I can't seem to find anyone like you in my area! I am trying to find a club where I can go, talk about minis, learn new things, and show and I cannot get anyone to respond! I've gone online and found clubs and members and sent emails galore, and NOT ONE person has responded! I have now been trying to find a club that will accept poor little me and my lowly minis for almost a month now. I am in Northeast Texas, if anyone knows ANY one who can help me! I cannot believe the lack of response....

I sure wish you were in the n.c. area. We have a new club called East coast Miniature Horse Club that would welcome you with open arms. We love talking about our minis and meeting new people. You will get a lot of information here on the forum. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here. Good luck Maryf

gosh--if you would be up here in the great woods of northern Wisconsin, we would LOVE to have you join our newly formed club.
yes.gif
Northern Lights Miniature Horse/donkey Club, We're even on-line at yahoo, and are just starting our "chats". We would be more then happy to have you come over and chit chat about minis,its great meeting new people
yes.gif
there is always someone at our house/barn looking for a good mini chat!! GOSH--if only you would be closer
sad.gif
Corinne

the Arkansas Miniature Horse Society would love to have you!!

O.K sounds like you have to move!!!LOL
biggrin.gif
Just Kidding I am sure Texas will respond very soon. If not just pack up and move on out to the east coast. Maryann

HEY! You didn't contact ME! I'm in Fort Worth, and we would LOVE for you to come visit!

I haven't joined any clubs yet either, except for the North Texas Whip, which is a driving club for all sizes!

Lucy

NEMHS would love to have you in New England.

Now, if I could just move out of Texas...

I did just discover North Texas Whip tonight online, they even have a get together out my way! Now, I just need to get my cart. Somehow, I don't think they will appreciate me ground driving my mini everywhere.....

Hey Range! Welcome and where in Northeast Texas are you located? We're in Powderly, Texas - north of Paris and five miles from the Red River. There are several breeders around. No clubs really near and we haven't joined any yet or gone to any shows.

We are relatively new to the Forum and don't post much. Have only been in love with Minis for a little over a year - started out to get one and now have seven counting new babies.

Gayle and Jackie Foster

Bella Alba Miniatures

You can visit me anytime as well. I am located in Burleson, TX right on the outskirts of Fort Worth. I have had minis for 11 years & currently have 18. I don't really belong to any clubs except Southwest Miniature Horse Club but not very active yet. Show all the time & rarely miss a show within TX or OK. Would be glad to chat, etc... this is where I mainly chat though & just started about a month or so ago.

Sherry
saludando.gif

Range,

Although I am not a member of this particular club, you can email my friend Rexann at [email protected] and she can tell you when the next PINEYWOODS MINIATURE HORSE CLUB meeting is being held. The meetings have been held in Longview and possibly Tyler.

I'm in Gilmer, TX and you are welcome to come visit!

Range,

Like Bella Alba, I don't belong to any clubs, but I'm just across the river in southeast Oklahoma. I know Tony and Leslie Cunningham (TLC Miniatures) at Paris, Texas, have many minis, Kendall and Sharman Brown (Thousand Oaks Ranch), at Honey Grove, Texas, Jim and Kay Butler (Indian Creek Minis) at Trenton, Texas, Chuck Hardy (G-2 Minis) at Paris, Texas, and of course Gayle and Jackie Foster (Bella Alba) of Paris, Texas.

All these people have been extremely friendly to me and I'm sure would be very helpful.

I'd love for you to visit my web page and if you would like contact information on any of these, email me.

Freeland Nash

Rt. 1, Box 1144

Valliant, OK, 74764

(580) 933-4896

[email protected]

www.songcatcherminiaturehorseranch.com

Thank you all! I did try Piney Woods Miniature horse club, but I'm not getting any responses from any of the members I emailed to.

I'm south of Paris, north of Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and actually not too far from Indian Creek Miniatures....

I guess my main thing is, I want to show and the only shows I can find are the Nationals and Worlds. I was hoping that, by being part of a club, I could find more shows. AND, it sure would be nice to have someone who could help me hitch up my cart when I get it. Ground driving is fine, but I would hate to do something wrong and have that cart run over the horse!

Range said:
Thank you all!  I did try Piney Woods Miniature horse club, but I'm not getting any responses from any of the members I emailed to.
I'm south of Paris, north of Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and actually not too far from Indian Creek Miniatures....

I guess my main thing is, I want to show and the only shows I can find are the Nationals and Worlds.  I was hoping that, by being part of a club, I could find more shows.  AND, it sure would be nice to have someone who could help me hitch up my cart when I get it.  Ground driving is fine, but I would hate to do something wrong and have that cart run over the horse!

443271[/snapback]

I'm about 50 miles northeast of Paris and we regularly go to Paris on a weekly basis. Please contact me. I would love to meet you and see your minis. I'm not any help on driving or showing (I need the same help myself) but I'd share any information I could.

It would be really nice if we did have a club in our area. I know someone in Hugo, OK (about 25 miles from Paris) that would be interested also.

I think we;re considered northeast Texas--we're in Princeton which is between McKinney and Greenville on 380. We're new here too, and love to meet people! Careful though if you have kids--my mom will suck them into showing!! I think she's signed us up for the North Texas Whip and the ASPC/AMHR Club of North Texas.

We have been to see Kelli Shaw, Field of Dreams, and SBrown (Thousand Oaks Ranch) so far.

If your horses are AMHA there are two excellent clubs in Texas, the Southwestern Miniature Horse Club, which has several shows in Glen Rose throughout the year and the Greater Houston Miniature Horse Club, which has several shows, usually in Katy, in fact has one next weekend.

The SWMHC website is http://www.geocities.com/southwestmini/

and the GHMHC site is http://www.ghmhc.com/

There are also several AMHR clubs, the North Texas Miniature Horse Club, San Antonio Miniature Horse Club and the AMHR Club of Texas. You can probably do a search to find them.

If you are ever in the Austin area we would love to have you come for a visit, and that goes for everyone reading this, as well.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble! Part of the problem may be due to Congress. I know several people in your area that are out of town for that reason. You should try the AMHR/ASPC Club of North Texas. They are awesome! At least 2 shows a year in Glen Rose (AWESOME facility) and they are so much fun. You can email me as well! [email protected] I'm in South east Texas.

LOTS of people in the North Texas / southern Oklahoma area with minis. Our farm is a little farther south, just north side of Austin but would love for you to visit here. We are less than an hour north of Tony, so you can make an Austin swing LOL.

The Katy show dates are August 20/21st, hope to see you there. You should plan to go to AMHA World in Ft Worth, even if just to watch. It's a wonderful show and a chance to meet so many people, and is coming up before too long.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I'm from the Piney Woods MHC and you haven't emailed me yet!
smile.gif
I'm located between Tyler and Kilgore. There are a lot of friendly people in the area, and if you get down this way, let us know. Laura and Rex Ann aren't far apart, and there are many other farms in the same area that would love a visit I'm sure. You're more than welcome here as well if I'm home... my schedule can be a little more than hectic at times. We'd love to have another driving person in the area! You will meet some of our driving members in the Whip as well.

So a big welcome to Texas and I so hope to meet you in person!
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back