Frey Cart question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgerwife

Reaction score
I ordered a new Frey cart. I was contacted by them mid June and told my cart was ready except for the wheels. My card has been charged for the remaining 1/2 and almost a month later no cart. I've called 3 times, emailed and yesterday sent a FB message. No response. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

That is interesting because I've recently (as in the last few weeks) been in contact with them through email about ordering a cart. They got back to me within hours each time I sent an email even on the weekends. I was surprised by their quick communication. However, I was inquiring about spending money with them not on cart delays so sometimes that's a bit of a different picture.

They did, however, tell me current wait time was 60-90 days.... That was one of the questions I specifically asked.

It may be that they can't get the rubber for the wheels or something. I know VanderVeen is currently having the same problem. He said he can't get wheels/tires and has to try to find something that will work and has no idea how long that will take. Some things that are imports from other countries are really tough to get right now. But it would be nice if they would at least communicate that to you so you knew what was going on. I can totally understand delays but would like them communicated to me. No communication feels like someone has taken your money and run.

That is interesting because I've recently (as in the last few weeks) been in contact with them through email about ordering a cart. They got back to me within hours each time I sent an email even on the weekends. I was surprised by their quick communication. However, I was inquiring about spending money with them not on cart delays so sometimes that's a bit of a different picture.

They did, however, tell me current wait time was 60-90 days.... That was one of the questions I specifically asked.

It may be that they can't get the rubber for the wheels or something. I know VanderVeen is currently having the same problem. He said he can't get wheels/tires and has to try to find something that will work and has no idea how long that will take. Some things that are imports from other countries are really tough to get right now. But it would be nice if they would at least communicate that to you so you knew what was going on. I can totally understand delays but would like them communicated to me. No communication feels like someone has taken your money and run.
I know. Over 2K out and absolutely no communication. I will call tomorrow. Again.

I'm sorry that's happening to you. I have heard of long delays for people right at the end as well. Whenever I contact him is very prompt in getting back to me. It's possible he doesn't have any new information to share. Maybe just say, "Even if you don't have anything new to tell me can you just reach out and let me know that things are still in motion?" As someone who works in the industry, I get inundated with calls from people asking where their orders are and sometimes I simply forget to get back to people. Having a gentle reminder is very helpful. Though it does seem like he is avoiding talking to you, if he knows you aren't angry maybe he will be more likely to answer you!

When we ordered ours there were no delays at all. We had the cart in less than a month (actually I think it was only 2 weeks or justvunder) from when we ordered. It was very quick.

Let us know what you find out. They may just be busy or scrambling to find new vendors for certain products. This pandemic has given us all some distributor problems. Don't forget to post pics of the new cart when you get it. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

I could, but this cart maker is highly recommended. I finally heard from them today. Once again told me that he was getting my cart shipped in a few days.

Hopefully he's just had a backlog since he's been ill. Shipping with freight companies is behind schedule in our neck of the woods so maybe it's the same for them.

Can't wait to see your new vehicle. I almost ordered one this spring then Covid hit and I'm having to wait until next year. Which is okay since any event within a days drive of me was canceled this season. Post pics when you get it!!!

Also wondering if you got your cart. I am kind of in the same situation as you, so I am curious to know how things worked out.

Latest posts

Back