Freezing strawberries?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
Is there anything special that one has to do to freeze strawberries? My little strawberry patch is producing several cups of strawberries every day and we just can't keep up with eating all of them. Help!!!

I'm not sure about whole strawberries.........but I have cut them up with sugar and frozen them for short periods of time. I've also added cream to the mix......again for just short periods.

You could also make frozen strawberry jam. I remember helping my mother make it when I was a child and I don't think it was very difficult.

I used to freeze them individually on wax paper, then put them in a freezer container for making strawberry daiquiris throughout the winter. Since I froze them separately they stay that way and I could pick out just a few to use rather than having to use the whole container. I didn't do anything special to them, just wash, let dry and pick the stem off, and freeze.

I used to freeze them individually on wax paper, then put them in a freezer container for making strawberry daiquiris throughout the winter. Since I froze them separately they stay that way and I could pick out just a few to use rather than having to use the whole container. I didn't do anything special to them, just wash, let dry and pick the stem off, and freeze.

That's what I do too. Great for smoothies and daiquiris
default_wink.png

Just wash and freeze on a cookie sheet and put them in a zip lock.

Man I WISH I had your problem this is my 2nd year for my little bed and I got about 12 cups and their done.

I'm EXPANDING the bed BIGTIME this year.

I use mine for protein shakes

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help everyone!!
default_biggrin.png

just an after thought but have you tried the no cook freezer jam. Recipe is in the suregel package/ It is the best strawberry jam. Tastes just like fresh strawberries. Not like the jam you buy. A must for anyone who has alot of extra strawberries.

just an after thought but have you tried the no cook freezer jam. Recipe is in the suregel package/ It is the best strawberry jam. Tastes just like fresh strawberries. Not like the jam you buy. A must for anyone who has alot of extra strawberries.

I did do that one year, with strawberries I bought (my strawberry patch here is quite new) but my Mom helped me as she knew what she was doing, and I didn't. Now Mom is gone and I guess I'll have to see if I can figure it on my own. I don't eat bread much though so the motivation isn't really there to made jam that I won't be eating.... I think I'll try freezing some and sharing the rest that we can't eat ourselves.
default_smile.png

Hubby and I made strawberry shakes last night, those were sure yummy!
default_yes.gif

Is there anything special that one has to do to freeze strawberries? My little strawberry patch is producing several cups of strawberries every day and we just can't keep up with eating all of them. Help!!!

Oh.....by the way.......I am weeping crocodile tears for your problem right now. I think our little strawberry patch has produced about a half dozen so far.

Oh.....by the way.......I am weeping crocodile tears for your problem right now. I think our little strawberry patch has produced about a half dozen so far.

LOL!! If one has to have a "problem", this is the kind to have, isn't it?
default_biggrin.png
My daughter planted hers at the same time, two years ago and we got them from the same place, but hers are struggling to survive and mine are looking like mutant monster plants that want to take over the planet, lol!! Maybe it was the "mini manure" that has made my strawberries so happy?
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

I make strawberry and raspberry freezer jam and give 1/2 of it away as gifts. Everyone loves it. I just gave one to a ridding buddy of mine today for her B-day. She was so happy since she'd run out of the container from Christmas.

It is super easy to make, trust me, I am a kitchen idiot and can barely make anything. I use the no cooking directions inside the Pectin box.

Thanks Kellie!! I guess I could try it, at least it would make hubby happy, and I sure don't want to waste any of these strawberries!! It's soon time to go pick MORE--- picking every day and they just keep coming, lol!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back