Free website..... SITES?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I'm looking for a place to build a SMALL website, maybe just one page for now, for a business idea I have. I'd prefer to be able to name it what I want of course, with no add on letters & numbers. I know that will depend on if someone already has the name reserved
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

Any ideas?

Yahoo geocities. I pay ~$10/month and have my own domain name.

Geo-cities provides free websites, but as my husband just pointed out, they aren't that great for a business presentation.

He suggested you do a search for LOW COST sites, instead.

I think most free site providers don't allow free use for business purposes. You can register and host a domain very inexpensively though through Godaddy
default_yes.gif

FREEWEBS.com. I believe you can do any type of website you want. You can even name your own website address so it doesn't have to be like freewebs.laura.com. No obnoxious pop ups either. I had to do a real estate tour and did one on freewebs and it was simple.

Carin did you know that for 11.95 per month you can have a regular business yahoo site?? Unlimited bandwith, email etc. Worth a 1.95 I think to have a full business website
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks so much for all of the advice. This is a MAYBE business idea, so I really don't want to be paying for another site every month if I can avoid it. I already have two farm sites, the flyingafarm.com site and buymeapony.net I have this logo on my car since it's easy to remember
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Oh man, don't I wish my business ideas only cost a monthly webhosting fee (teasing you some)
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most free site providers don't allow free use for business purposes. You can register and host a domain very inexpensively though through Godaddy
default_yes.gif
im not so sure Godaddy is the best.. it can be kind of confusing. i've seen my mom work on it and she gets very confused and such. lol. just saying. ive never actually used it myself

but yess freewebs.com is a good one.. and its free too
default_aktion033.gif

You could try freeservers.com. I have a small site there with my own domain name on it, and it is free.

Back