• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniature Horse Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Horse For Sale Free to 4-H home, Two mini's available

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DianaM

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I have two mini's that I am ready to rehome to a 4-H home, either in Pierce or Kitsap County, Washington State. I have had them almost 5 years and I love them to pieces, but I don't think they are getting the attention they deserve. They both would be great little 4-H projects. They look good, are well-mannered and the gelding loves to jump. High!
My ideal would be to have 4-H kids come here (ex- 4-H'r here) or they go to a local family that will show at the local fairs.
We have a wonderful mini horse barn at Kitsap County fairgrounds and a good number of mini's show at the fair, but not in 4-H.

These two are not registered, the mare gives rides on lead line. Neither seem to have had a bit in their mouth, but do well on the ground. Current on everything, hairy and cute!

I have since applied to be a volunteer with the 4-H and may just start a meeting here. That may help get them into 4_H.

Attachments

• IMG_5832.jpg
    IMG_5832.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9943.jpg
    IMG_9943.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9929.jpg
    IMG_9929.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6521.MOV
    12.7 MB
  • IMG_6882 (1).MOV
    16.6 MB
Last edited:
HershyMint that posts on here is looking for a mini I think. IDK where she lives though.
Hi Cayuse, I believe she is in WA, which is too far for me. Thank you for thinking of me. I have a lead one a mini which seems perfect but someone was already coming and interested in her. They should let me know tomorrow if she is off limits.🙏:)

I signed up to volunteer and when I hear back from the local county extension service, I am going to inquire about starting a 4-H Club! I would love to give a child an opportunity to be involved with 4-H.
4-H has grown a lot since I was kid and now even offer the STEM education. It's a pretty neat organization (that makes for affordable horse showing!) and I am afraid it is going away. There are no groups in South Kitsap County, Washington State, where I live.

I have two mini's that I am ready to rehome to a 4-H home, either in Pierce or Kitsap County, Washington State. I have had them almost 5 years and I love them to pieces, but I don't think they are getting the attention they deserve. They both would be great little 4-H projects. They look good, are well-mannered and the gelding loves to jump. High!
My ideal would be to have 4-H kids come here (ex- 4-H'r here) or they go to a local family that will show at the local fairs.
We have a wonderful mini horse barn at Kitsap County fairgrounds and a good number of mini's show at the fair, but not in 4-H.

These two are not registered, the mare gives rides on lead line. Neither seem to have had a bit in their mouth, but do well on the ground. Current on everything, hairy and cute!

I have since applied to be a volunteer with the 4-H and may just start a meeting here. That may help get them into 4_H.
We might be interested, if they are still available! We are down in Clackamas County though. How old and tall are they? Any laminitis or founder history?

I have not found any takers for the mini's yet, but I am getting closer.

I have passed 4-H background check, filled out the application and now I am waiting for training. There is a horse only 4-H club in my area that I will be assisting with and refreshing my knowledge of 4-H and learning how things have changed since I was a member.

I went to a clinic the club had yesterday and it was so great to watch the kids with their horses. I am really going to enjoy this and going to the fair with the club. Hopefully, there are horse-less kids near me that want to show them. Thanks for all the interest!

Today I receive my official 4-H training. I attended a club (zoom) meeting last week. It was fun to say the 4-H pledge again.
Now I am committed to helping the club leader, and I still have the mini's!

It's funny how this turned out. I was looking for another volunteer opportunity (considering Meals on Wheels) and this is a good one. Maybe I can do both.

Update on my post. I took 3 small equine to the county fair and they stayed 5 nights in the mini horse barn. They were petted and scratched, photographed and shown by 3 little girls. It was great fun. The girls showed in the open classes and did OK for first year. The girls are "neurodivergent" and homeschooled, somedays we just love on the horses. They really aren't competitive and that's OK. The horses feel the love and get some use. It all worked out and I will keep them and take them back to the fair next year.

Attachments

• 373429511_3494516347429725_7985635451288032717_n.jpg
    373429511_3494516347429725_7985635451288032717_n.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 373452668_570723981778108_3025258158114437308_n.jpg
    373452668_570723981778108_3025258158114437308_n.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 373461947_1381502802778153_6436798166441774677_n.jpg
    373461947_1381502802778153_6436798166441774677_n.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Absolutely wonderful Diane! I can’t think of a better activity for child or mini. 😍

Love the smiles on the children and I’m pretty sure your beautiful shiny minis are smiling too! 🤩

I’ve never been involved in 4H, though I believe it is still fairly active in our area. Can any adult volunteer to help?

YES 4-H needs help here in the NW and everywhere. Covid hit 4-H hard and they are struggling to get their numbers back.

These girls will be joining the 4-H club I am helping with. It takes a commitment they weren't willing to make; now they have bonded.

They also need sewing cooking agriculture leaders here in the NW. It's a wonderful, wholesome program that will kids learn to do things for themselves!

YES 4-H needs help here in the NW and everywhere. Covid hit 4-H hard and they are struggling to get their numbers back.

These girls will be joining the 4-H club I am helping with. It takes a commitment they weren't willing to make; now they have bonded.

They also need sewing cooking agriculture leaders here in the NW. It's a wonderful, wholesome program that will kids learn to do things for themselves!
Update on my post. I took 3 small equine to the county fair and they stayed 5 nights in the mini horse barn. They were petted and scratched, photographed and shown by 3 little girls. It was great fun. The girls showed in the open classes and did OK for first year. The girls are "neurodivergent" and homeschooled, somedays we just love on the horses. They really aren't competitive and that's OK. The horses feel the love and get some use. It all worked out and I will keep them and take them back to the fair next year.
Diana, it is so wonderful you do this. When I was a teen an older couple in our area had several horses in the backyard that they had bred and would never sell, but that weren't being used. They let my friend and I ride and show them in 4H and local shows in exchange for my friend cleaning stalls and me paying what I realize now was a pittance to lease one. It was a win-win; our parents couldn't afford horses so we got to ride and love them, and the owners got help around the farm and with keeping their horses active.

Latest posts

Back