Free Kindle Books

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
Thought I would share my favorite page with links to free kindle books. Many new books are added daily and there are books for children too.

Kindle Buffet

Lois

Makes me really wish I had a Kindle. My husband was going to buy one for me last year but because of my love for paperbacks, I told him not to spend the money on something I didn't plan on using.
default_sad.png

For those who like Classic novels, here's a site where you can read some for free....

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/

Have you ever used one Sara? They have a new one called kindle paper white...its about $120. I sometimes too like the feel of a book in my hand....but I also like the kindle (I am using a tab now that is the same size as kindle that has the app)...I normally don't read multiple books at once but I am right now and the tab or kindle is great for that...not having to haul around a bunch of books. Reading at night is awesome with them...way better than a book.

Makes me really wish I had a Kindle. My husband was going to buy one for me last year but because of my love for paperbacks, I told him not to spend the money on something I didn't plan on using.
default_sad.png
Sara -- I love the feel of holding a book - the smell of the paper, just the way it fits in my hands.. I really thought I would have a hard time adapting to my Kindle but I LOVE it... Best part is that if I finish a book I can have another one instantly... I have read so many books on my kindle since I got it -- I honostly love it to pieces.. So you might be surprised to find you might like it
default_smile.png

Thought I would share my favorite page with links to free kindle books. Many new books are added daily and there are books for children too.

Kindle Buffet

Lois
Thank you for sharing this site -- I just went and downloaded several of the books on the list -- I have read so many books in the year I have had my kindle and all of them have been off the free book list -- have been alot of really good ones that I snagged
default_smile.png

Tessie

No, I don't think I've even seen a Kinde/nook in person. My biggest fear would be if it malfunctions and I have tons (hundreds) of books on there. Part of the charm of a physical book is that I can hold it and see how much of it I've read or how close I am to the end. I have this idea that a Kindle would feel like a never ending thing. Lol

The nice thing about the kindle....is your books are always there, in a cloud somewhere in the internet world...so if it did malfunction, they are still there waiting to be downloaded again at no cost. You should go check one out at a store, I bet you would like it!

As much as I adore and will always buy real, physical books, I do most of my actual reading on my Kindle, where I can blow up the text to a size I can read. I need a magnifying glass to read real books, and while I do it for research and gleaning information from nonfiction books, Kindle has given me back my multiple-books-at-a-time reading habit.

I've re-read many of the classics through free downloads. My only problem with many of the freebie sites is they include a predominance of poorly written junk books. I love good contemporary literary fiction, but the really good stuff is rarely free. These lists will often have a category for literary fiction, but their definition seems to be merely books that use unusual or long words, not excellent writing. I'm fine paying for good writing, as I like to support these writers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the Kindle you have breaks and you have to buy another one, then downloading your prior books doesn't cost anything? That actually makes it sound more appealing. What are the battery lives like? I'm horrible at charging things like my Ipod. Lol.

The battery is in the kindle and you recharge it like your cell phone, just connect the plug and charge either through your wall socket. My kindle is a Kindle II and I've had it for years and have had no problem with the battery.

You have an account with kindle and all your books are there so if you get a new kindle you can download them through your computer to your new kindle. My husband can also access my account and download books to his kindle...so you can share.

Lois

You can also download the free Kindle software for your computer or smart phone and then access your books on either or both Kindle and computer.

I'm like you, KD, in that I'm very forgetful about recharging batteries. Fortunately, you can charge by either plugging into a socket or via USB port on your computer.

The kindle batteries supposedly can last up to a month and that's reading for a few hours a day...when I had mine I plugged it in every night so I never got to test it really.

oh yes, your books you buy are always there...hubby and I both share books on our android tabs with the kindle app.

Latest posts

Back