Frame Overo and Splashed Owners Please share your photos :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
specialeffects.jpg
MVC-007S-2-1.jpg
MVC-007S-1.jpg
Windchime2-1.jpg
MVC-023S-4.jpg

MVC-004S-1.jpg
MVC-010S.jpg
MVC-014S.jpg
MVC-030S-1.jpg
MVC-019S-3.jpg
none of these horses carry a tobiano gene, all are either sabino/splash/frame, or a combination of all

Not 100% sure but I think this one is frame

(sorry, couldn't resist....y'all have such beautiful horses
default_yes.gif
)

007-7.jpg

I have a few but they haven't been tested yet - will be this summer since my new junior stallion will be breeding to them in 2013 or 2014 and I heavily believe he is LWO+.

The first one is my mare Missy. Her dam is Little Critters Spice, a solid cremello and her sire is Lucky Four Thundercloud, a black LWO negative tobiano/splash stallion. She obviously has tobiano but I also believe that she carries splash as she has one solid blue eye and has produced a 2010 loud tobiano/splash filly with two blue eyes and her 2011 colt had extensive leg white, along with a star and snip with grey eyes so I believe he also carried the tobiano/splash gene.

Second is my mare Allula. Her sire is TVF's Flash Em Cowboy, listed as a black and white pinto and her dam is LB J&N Shadow, listed as a bay pinto. She too obviously has tobiano due to the flank shield and head coloration but I also believe she has splash because of her two blue eyes. Her 2011 filly was a loud tobiano/splash with two blue eyes as well.

Third is my junior stallion Love It. His sire is Impressive Ovations Teddy Bear, pictured fourth, who is LWO positive - which makes me believe that since Love It is a carbon copy of his sire, that he also is LWO+ as well. Love It also has two blue eyes so I believe he carries the splash gene as well because of his markings, but we shall see for sure. I know his base color is bay and he has greyed out now.

(please excuse Love It's ugly neck - he's actually nicely put together he just was wiggling and moving alot and I needed to get a color/pattern shot. He needs a new pic now that he's matured more LOL)

fyep3c.jpg

P1130168.jpg

loveit2.jpg

loveit_sire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow very nice horses everyone thats for sharing.

lil hoofbeats you have alot of loudly marked horses (very nice)

Briar Patch Hopa Ya Dance, silver tovero, (tobiano and LWO+)

IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_7651aa.jpg

Her daughter LMS Double Lite my Fire, silver tovero, (tobiano and LWO+, homozygous for silver)

Fire_8362.JPG
Fire_8375.JPG

Homozygous for Splash White:

kitty2.jpg

Her Splashed White colt from 2012:

aprilcopycat.jpg

Bay Frame Sabino 2011 Colt

paintchip2.jpg

Bay Frame Sabino Mare

fame2.jpg

Splash can be solid but still have blue eyes, right? My little guy is black with blue eyes and a blaze.

O.K....Took me a while to figure out attaching photos, and STILL not sure I got it, but here goes....

I was totally shocked when my beautiful, blue-eyed, buckskin LOUD (overo?) pinto was born on 5/5. The surprise is this: Both parents are nn for LWO. BOTH parents are solids - dam (pictured) is black with some face white and some on feet. Sire is buckskin with no face white, and 2 small socks on back. This colt's nearest overo (or any pinto coloring) lineage is his great grandsire on the bottom side, LTD's Magic Man. Anyway....here goes...100_2305.JPG100_0375.JPG

gallery_339_230_4394.jpg

Wow Bullockcorner your colt is NEAT!! Love that he is LWO negative. Great color!!! This little guy arrived the other day and will more than likely test as Frame LWO. His dam is a minimal frame overo.

OK, I will complicate things: our only frame overo is Mira, a true gray (gray gene), who is genetically a silver bay, H/Z for black, frame overo with one blue eye (negative for splash). Her frame markings are on her neck, flank, and near her elbow. She is pictured with her Easter 2012 filly who must be tobiano only (from sire) as she tested negative for frame and splash. The filly will also go gray.

Bunny_home_5_1.jpg

MVI_0067b.jpg

Sabino/Splash LWO negative, both eyes blue, dam chestnut frame, Strawberry the mare of Joanne 's that just foaled the little filly. Sire is Sabino.

IMG_0001.JPG

Tobiano mare in the foreground but I suspect she is also Sabino since she has a lot of roaning around her white patterns, and a lot of wispy white markings.

wow very nice horses everyone NICE colors patterns
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my first splash on Sunday! Here's Ali Rose - not unfolded yet - not even 24 hours old!

535741_4046118960316_2039526856_n.jpg

I so would like a stallion like the first boy very black but with nice bright white. Anyone ever has one please let me know ;)

Latest posts

Back