Fox news is no better than the lying trash tabloids...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
This is basically why I think the way I do, did so during your most recent Presidential campaign and this just reinforces what a poor and ignorant supposed news carrier Fox news really is.
default_smileypuke.gif

On the day where we bring back another 4 of our fallen soldiers seems that this news station thinks it's funny. What a bunch of pathetic individuals and small-minded a&&holes. :arg!
default_xkngt.gif

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce...enate-countries

Sorry you lost 4 more of your soldiers. Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is so offensive! I didnt even think Fox could sink that low. Just horrible I shut it off midway through.

Dont you wish on posts like this, that you could view who read the post but decided not to post? Meanign the ones that think FOX can do no wrong and are THE only word in news?

I do like fox news, but this is certainly not a clip that I enjoyed watching. I think all the news is biased in some way, even fox...but they do tend to represent my views more than some of the other news channels, just not on this clip.

Didn't watch the clip, we have dial-up and would take forever to download. I think that Fox News is the least biased of the news networks. They have shows/people on there that give BOTH sides of the story. You will always get some bad with the good. That's just my opinion.

Only News I like is the "Older men in the CBS Sunday morning news", they are cheeky and tell it as it is. Lots of postive news on the CBS Sunday News too.

Rest of the US channels... I don't like much.

Offensive, inappropriate, and bloody ignorant. It's especially offensive to the 116 fallen Canadian soldiers and their families. Fox...what a joke of a network/news.

Didn't watch the clip, we have dial-up and would take forever to download. I think that Fox News is the least biased of the news networks. They have shows/people on there that give BOTH sides of the story. You will always get some bad with the good. That's just my opinion.
I think if you were able to view the clip you might not think the same thing. This had nothing to do with "showing both sides of the story" that's for sure.

There is no excuse for this kind of thing, absolutely no excuse whatsoever. I can only imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and it was another country mocking the American troops. The U.S. would be up in arms, I know it, and rightly so. You do not attack the women and men fighting on behalf of their country. Come to think of it, why the heck are we over in Afghanistan anyway? oh yes a coalition, we are over there because we were asked by our neighbour to the south of us and our troops are getting killed and some of them (Fox) think it's funny.

All I know is at this point I am past the point of furious here as well as many other Canadians are as well and we have every right to be. I know most Canadians get Fox, whether they watch it or not (cable or satellite t.v.). Those with cable are asking the cable companies to remove Fox totally, why pay for that kind of trash. Many are sending out letters and e-mails to sponsors of Fox news and letting them know just how they feel. It's time for Canadians in this case to say enough is enough. These kinds of reporters can be as ignorant as they want and make remarks that "we live in the cold white north", I still can't believe there are people in this day and age that think we live up here in the ice age and never get 90 and 100 degree weather here in the summer. These same reporters must think we all live in igloos too, grrrr. Well perhaps their ignorant comments will cost them their job this time, which I doubt, but I think Canadians aren't going to take this one sitting down this time. We are just as patriotic as any other resident of other countries and it's time we speak up for our troops that are fighting wars that aren't ours to fight!

Not interested in watching the clip, but Fox News is and has always been my favorite tv news source. The only one I find that attempts to cover both sides.

Remember the forum poll awhile back? Fox News was overwhelmingly the most favored tv news source by the LB members with almost 44% of the vote and the remaining 56% divided between SEVEN other sources!!!

Link to Forum News Source Poll: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=99230

LowriseMinis said:
And I'm certain demographics had something to do with that poll.
Demographics has something to do with every poll
default_rolleyes.gif

Personally, I'm proud to be a part of the demographic that goes along with what brings us all to LB
ok.gif

Oh yes very honest reporting...
default_wacko.png

FOX News got busted splicing a six month old video clip to make a compilation clip appear Biden said the "fundamentals of the economy is stong."

MacCALLUM: Yesterday during a segment on the recent change in tone from President Obama’s economic team, we inadvertently used a piece of video of Vice President Biden saying “the fundamentals of the economy are strong.” This video was from the campaign trail when the vice president was a candidate and was actually quoting Sen. John McCain. When we get something wrong we admit it. We did so yesterday, and for that we apologize.

Nope, when you get busted lying you recognize it. But that's what we expect from the Roger Ailes run operation. They are on a mission to destroy President Obama. Just try to watch one full day of their coverage. I dare you.

Dave N: I dunno about this, John. As the guy assigned to cover Fox for our readers, I can testify that watching Fox causes brain damage. I've lost 4 IQ points just since January! Not to mention the creeping paranoia. Daring anyone to watch them for a full day is like triple-dog-daring Flick to stick his tongue on that frozen flagpole -- you know it's not going to turn out well.

Tags: Fox News, Scandals

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/fox-n...onest-splicing-

What I'm saying Jill, is that this is a horse forum. People with horses tend to live in rural areas, and demographically speaking tend to lean more conservative. Of COURSE the majority would prefer Fox News.

If you took that same poll to say, a vegan eating forum, you'd likely have a very different demographic with very different results.

That is why when news sources take polls, even when they only sample a small number of people, they do their best to make the demographics of the people polled match those of the nation. Since you polled one forum which leans one way, you can't logically apply the results to the rest of the nation.

And anyway, the majority is not always 'right', so to speak.

If not interested in the clip, need to read their comments.

OTTAWA — The host of a Fox News program that mocked the Canadian military and sparked outrage across the country has apologized.

In a statement issued to Sun Media by the U.S. network today, Greg Gutfeld, who led the panelists in the tirade making fun of Canadian soldiers and the RCMP, said sorry for the offending remarks.

“The March 17th episode of Red Eye included a segment discussing Canada's plan for a ‘synchronized break,’ which was in no way an attempt to make light of troop efforts. However, I realize that my words may have been misunderstood,” Gutfeld said in the statement. “It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize. Red Eye is a satirical take on the news, in which all topics are addressed in a lighthearted, humorous and ridiculous manner.”

Defence Minister Peter MacKay called the segment “crass” and “disgusting” and demanded an unqualified apology.

“They should simply retract these remarks and apologize to the families, most particularly to the memory of these soldiers and to Canadians more broadly,” he told CTV News today.

The five-minute segment, which aired on the Fox News late-night program and was later posted on YouTube.com, features American panelists suggesting Canadian soldiers need time off for "manicures and pedicures." The item aired after Lt.-Gen. Andrew Leslie, the Canadian Forces Chief of Land Staff, told a Senate committee the military would need a one-year break from operations after the mission in Afghanistan winds down in 2011.

"The Canadian military wants to take a breather to do some yoga, paint landscapes, run on the beach in gorgeous white capri pants," Gutfeld said with a sneer.

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight -- you go chill in Canada," he said.

default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Thanks Reble and those that feel the same way, that this was not something funny or amusing and truly was ignorant and crass. As I mentioned no countries military should be made fun of in such a way when young men and women are dying on a regular basis. Those that defend this station, that is your right and I respect that but please respect the families of Canadian men and women fighting in afghanistan and us run of the mill Canadians that find it truly disgusting. I can only imagine how families of the 4 latest casualities that were being brought back to Canada today for burial, how must they feel hearing about this?
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
. I am afraid the so call apology isn't going to cut it. More than likely he was told to apologize and I don't just hold him responsible, I hold the entire FOX family as there is no way this guy has carte-blanche for his show. Somebody higher up knew about this and gave the okay. No Fox news is garbage in my books and will forever remain so.

The comment made about the RCMP in "their red suits...." was so ignorant oh and how they only have horses to ride...give me a break. Even if they were doing this tongue and cheek the amazing part is that many non-Canadian viewers would believe it. I guess the next thing that Fox news will say is talk about the London Guards and how they have to ride horses and wear those suits and hats while on "the beat". DUH! How ignorant and a##inine. I say to FOX news - get educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back