Fox Lane carts- Anyone have one? *Update- decided on a HyperBike!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Susanne!! At first I thought this would be "Kandy's cart," since she totally loves the trails, going fast, doing obstacles, etc., but it just wouldn't be fair to leave Skippy out of the fun! I really think the weight of the road cart is a bit much for Skip on the trails- she's the one who had trouble on hills, and she's just not the powerhouse that Kandy is. Anyway, I found someone near me who has the C shafts on her Bike, so I'm hoping we can meet up, and even if we can't try hers on Kandy for size, maybe just seeing the shafts, looking at different adjustments, and taking some measurements will help.

I just assumed that since you're so close to the horse in the HyperBike, that the traces would need to be shorter- this is good news! One less thing to buy, hopefully
default_smile.png
My reins are too long even with my road cart, so I'll plan on getting some shorter ones, or find a pair to cut down. Will keep you all posted!

exciting! Keep updating, I am rather thinking a HB should come and live with me too ;)

I would like to correct some misinformation on the Fox Lane Carts. The cart is available with a C spring both under the drivers seat and also between the axle and body-that was an option but is now standard on our carts. We like the C springs as the are quiet- no squeaking and not subject to leaks as is the air suspension systems. Also our carts are extremely adjustable to fit each horse and driver. You can easily custom fit them with the ability to adjust the width of the shafts, the lenght and also the height of the shafts. You can also change the seat position in order to balance the cart- that is why when you go from one driver to a driver and a passenger the cart will not be balanced correctly and needs to be adjusted so that the weight of the shafts is not to floaty or too heavy on the horse. As to the width of the seat- our basic design is for one person- we are looking to keep the weight down for the smaller equines. We can and have to custom made any width seat the buyer would likeespecially if they wish to take passengers or for other reasons.

We will be adding a page to our web site with comments and pictures of our customers. Almost invariably when people get our carts their comments are that the cart is so much nicer than the pictures and they can't believe how nice they are for the money.

I drive in CDE's and do all my training for them in my Fox Lane Cart. We do alot of cross country training. Not only do we make these carts but we USE them.

Thanks for the info!! I really like the look of your carts- they are classy and would look lovely with my girls
default_smile.png

I would like to correct some misinformation on the Fox Lane Carts. The cart is available with a C spring both under the drivers seat and also between the axle and body-that was an option but is now standard on our carts. We like the C springs as the are quiet- no squeaking and not subject to leaks as is the air suspension systems. Also our carts are extremely adjustable to fit each horse and driver. You can easily custom fit them with the ability to adjust the width of the shafts, the lenght and also the height of the shafts. You can also change the seat position in order to balance the cart- that is why when you go from one driver to a driver and a passenger the cart will not be balanced correctly and needs to be adjusted so that the weight of the shafts is not to floaty or too heavy on the horse. As to the width of the seat- our basic design is for one person- we are looking to keep the weight down for the smaller equines. We can and have to custom made any width seat the buyer would likeespecially if they wish to take passengers or for other reasons.

We will be adding a page to our web site with comments and pictures of our customers. Almost invariably when people get our carts their comments are that the cart is so much nicer than the pictures and they can't believe how nice they are for the money.

I drive in CDE's and do all my training for them in my Fox Lane Cart. We do alot of cross country training. Not only do we make these carts but we USE them.

My mini update is that we decided on the C shafts, and I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope they will work for Kandy. I am moving barns, and found the PERFECT place today, with miles and miles of trails right across the street. It's the perfect place to have a HyperBike, I think
default_smile.png
We are going to have so much fun!

Congratulations, I am sure you will not regret.

We are getting our second HyperBike in a few weeks!!! I have no experience with the C shafts, both our main driving horses are 34" and 35" so we have B shafts.

I absolutely love my HyperBike. I had not driven mine for a while, So Tina had a chance to get comfortable with getting in and out so we could make up our mind about ordering a second. So yesterday I drove it again and immediately knew how much I missed it.

We will likely only use the "big carts" for driving kids around occasionally or when we need all three horses.

Keep us posted about the fit of the C shafts I know there are a few driving around with them and they seem to work well for them.

Bob would not have it any other way
default_smile.png

I take it by now you found the HyperBike facebook group? There are few cart builders with a fanclub like that!

I'm very new to driving and was able to get a nice quality EE cart locally but will eventually want to get a more rugged cart. Yours are gorgeous. Any idea how much shipping runs to WA? Cost, as everything, is always a factor.

I take it by now you found the HyperBike facebook group? There are few cart builders with a fanclub like that!
Yep! Everyone who has a Bike just raves about how awesome they are, which is great to hear. I am just hoping it gets here soon! I feel like a little kid counting down the days 'till Christmas
default_biggrin.png

My HyperBike will be here TOMORROW
default_risa8.gif
I am so excited! My sister is flying in Saturday morning (she's a photographer, lucky me!) and you can bet I'll be dragging... er, bringing her to the barn to take photos and help me get it adjusted and assembled if I don't have time tomorrow between work, meetings, and packing- I started my new job teaching 6th grade this week, kids come next week, and I move into a new apartment next weekend, so life will be crazy for the next few weeks and beyond... but I am sure the temptation of having a cart that I can actually take on the trails will be enough to get me out to the barn a few times a week. Just wanted to share my excitement, and I'll be updating tomorrow, hopefully!!

Here they are! I've driven Kandy twice, and took Skip out for a few minutes yesterday. My sister came along to the barn with me today and took some photos for me (she didn't bring her camera, but we are planning a real photo shoot in the very near future!). We just LOVE the Bike! I love that we can easily turn around on the trail, and go over tree roots and rocks without a problem. Kandy likes how light it is
default_smile.png
Sadly no "action shots"- evidently we are too fast for the camera ;)

kandy trails.jpg

I love her face in this one
default_smile.png

kandy sidewalk.jpg

We have to go on the sidewalk to get to the cart-friendly trails- we get some very strange looks when people are driving and biking by!

kandy hyperbike.jpg

You guys look great. What a pretty area to drive in. So different from the sage brush/desert landscape around here.

I wanted so bad to be a member of the hyperbike club... they look like so much fun. Love the photos

Didn't realize there were so many cart options! WOW! I want to hit the trails - had a custome made EE cart done for me and can't wait to try it out... however these bikes look awesome and fun - unfortunately my daughter will be with me many times so I need a double seater.

This thread made me worried my EE won't hold up? thoughts... its all metal plus the seat - welded with a few bolts

Thanks guys
default_smile.png
Now I just need to patiently wait to settle into my new job and survive my first day of teaching (tomorrow!), move to my new apartment on Friday, and move my sister into her college dorm on Sunday... Sure hope the weather is good on Monday so I can spend a few hours on the trails enjoying my awesome new Hyperbike
default_yes.gif

More pictures! I took Kandy down the road to a historic site, with gorgeous big fields, and we had a blast! I just got the OK to use the HyperBike at a scurry later this month, so expect more pictures
default_smile.png
The Bike is just so much fun!

Picture 2.jpgPicture 3.jpgPicture 4.jpgPicture 6.jpg

can't believe I missed these photos. wow wow wow!!

Right choice for you and your horses for sure!

Hope the new job is going well.

Back