Four-in-hand

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having issues getting everything to post together.

So here is the explaination of the video.

As you all know, I have a six up that I am working with. I like mixing up the team a bit. I was playing with four of them doing driven obstacle. The video is one of our best trips through the U-turn in a box. It's unbelievable just how much needs to be done to get everyone through the box without stepping outside of the box or taking out the cone!

Enjoy!

I always appreciate you taking the time to video your work. How thoughtful and generous! Do you set your camera up on a tripod or do you have a helper? I also envy it because you use the smaller horses AND have appys in your hitch!

I see you've used a four-up hitch to a two wheeled vehicle. How'd you modify your rig? Any special challenges or concerns compared to hitching to a four wheeled rig? Things that are easier?

I made a holder for my phone and set it up on a barrel!

The cart was custom built for me by my awesome Hubby! I wanted it built so that I can do driven obstacle at AMHA shows with a pair but still have the manuverability of a singles cart. It is balanced so that there is just a small amount of weight on their necks, but just about 5 pounds. All I have to do it lean back to raise the end of the pole!

I use secondary straps from collars to the neck yoke so IF the was a malfunction or strap breakage, we won't have a wreck.

This cart is strictly for the arena, I would never take a 2 wheeled cart off road on the trail as it would keep me moving in the seat to keep the balance correct..

Latest posts

Back