Foundation Bred Focus

Discussion in 'Pony Talk' started by JWC sr., Dec 19, 2014.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Dec 19, 2014 #1

JWC sr.

JWC sr.

JWC sr.

I have asked this question before on the forum, but with the new folks posting from around the Shetland world I thought I would ask it again.

Last year we decided to focus a little more on the foundation bred horses in our herd.

I think we are going to see a lot more interest in that segment of the Shetland world. Personally while I love the look and style of the classics. I find I also love that little heavier and sculpted look of a good foundation horse. [​IMG]

How does everyone else feel about the foundation horses. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  2. Dec 20, 2014 #2

amysue

amysue

amysue

I love my foundation ponies! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the modern ponies too and I have one mare who reminds me of a small saddlebred, very beautiful. However I have a soft spot for the older style foundation ponies. That is what I grew up with, it's what I enjoy training with most and personally, I find that these are what most of my buyers are looking for. I feel that they mare wonderful children's mounts and very comfortable driving horses.

3. Jan 6, 2015 #3

JWC sr.

JWC sr.

JWC sr.

Amy, I think you are right on all counts. I love to watch the Moderns work with all the extreme movement they have, but we are leaving them for someone else work with. [​IMG]

Our interests lie with the Classic and Foundation bred horses in the Shetland world. If nothing else I just love to look at them as we think they are really beautiful well made small replicas of some of the larger breeds we have worked with over they years. [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted