Found out something really interesting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Reaction score
So I found out something really interesting today. When I went to Nationals last September with my boy I watched a bunch of the other classes I wasn't showing in because that is half the fun and I love seeing all the gorgeous halter and driving horses gathered together in one place. And of course there will always be several that really catch your eye and are your favorites to root for that year during the show. Well today I was getting on lil begginings and when I browsed the sale ads I noticed one of my favorites that I was drooling over at Nationals was put up for sale yesterday. Just as well he is far away because I couldn't afford him, but as I was reading the ad and this is the interesting part, I found out that he shares the same sire as my boy. They're half brothers! I thought that was so neat. I mean, what are the odds.

Wow that's neat!
default_yes.gif
Your boy is your boy for a reason & you know what you like!
default_thumbup.gif

Very true REO! Once I knew their connection I looked again and found many similarities between them. Although as much as I adore my boy I have to admit I think his half brother is a little bit nicer of the two.

I thought they only considered them half siblings if there were out of the same Dam? Reason being, stallions can sire soooo many foals.

But, still cool. =)

Half siblings can certainly be by the same stallion. Half the genes is half the genes, regardless of the parent!

Half siblings can certainly be by the same stallion. Half the genes is half the genes, regardless of the parent!
You'll see the argument though on many average horse forums. Honestly though, I don't think many miniatures sire that many foals as compared to average sized stallions due to the availability of artificial insemination.

I personally value both, however more so the dam due to her restricted breeding use.

Yep, second Andrea. Half sibling is half sibling regardless of which parent.

Latest posts

Back