Found a treasure in the garden

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
Today was potato digging day, and while it was fun finding all those hidden treasures...here's a very special one that I found!

332333187.jpg

Isn't he beautiful!? And the funny thing is that he must have felt very safe there on that zucchini leaf, as he didn't budge the whole time we were digging in the area. And he didn't mind the camera in his face either!

Jayne

Is it a little tiny frog? At first, I thought it was a tee tiny turtle turned over, but now I think it's a little frog? And very cute if I am seeing right!!!

It is a beautiful little green frog with eye makeup! I'm sorry I didn't say it in the first post. I wonder what they eat? You think it's little bugs or worms? Too bad he's not big enough to eat all the slugs!

Jayne

That's an awesome picture. You should send it in to be published.

He looks a lot like a little dumpy tree frog, but it's kinda hard to tell from the picture. If so, they eat little bugs. I used to have one that we named Lumpy (instead of dumpy). We fed him crickets and he lived for several years.
default_smile.png

Very pretty picture!

Adorable! Nice capture!!

Is nice to see someone else with a frog.

Saw in the News, they are dying off all over the world.

So glad you found him and not what I usually find....snakes!

Thanks for sharing the photo! It is fabulous!

OMG, that is sooooo cute!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

I do agree with mininik...you should send it in somewhere to be published!!!!

Great picture!!!

~kathryn

What a gorgeous picture........ The little guy probably thought he was safely hidden.
default_wink.png

Frogs are an indication of how healthy a local environment is.......did you know that? Snakes too.....

People don't like snakes, but they ARE important.......and seeing (and hearing) frogs are wonderful. What a gift.

We have tons of frogs, toads and snakes here so I'm happy to know our farm is healthy.

I feel so bad when I run over one while I'm mowing or driving down the road and one jumps out onto the road.

What a gorgeous pic and what a gorgeous little guy! I love frogs and toads. Our hired man was mowing the lawn today and I went out on the driveway and found the body of a little toad. He was limbless.
default_smileypuke.gif
Freshly caught up in the mower. Poor guy. But...I found another one soon after, lazily hopping away (they're so slow and defenceless) and I gently placed him in the bushes to catch bugs. So I think I've balanced things somehow
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my...he's sooooo tiny! They're cute when they are that little! That is a gorgeous picture...

All I've seen around here are the big, ugly toads.

That took me a second to see the treasure - kind of like "Where's Waldo"!! He is adorable!!! Very cute - and VERY nice photo!!!

Liz R.

What an amazing picture!!! I'll bet he's saying "If I don't look up and see them, they won't see me..."
default_laugh.png
What a cutie pie!

what a fabulous photo...belongs in a magazine or calendar.

Such a pretty little fella.I have never seen one that color.

That is an amazing photo! He's adorable and it's just a perfect shot. I love his eye makeup! I agree, you should submit the photo to a contest or something.

How sweet to see the little frog. We had one on our kitchen window for a very long time and we named him "The Green Machine". I set a bowl of water out for him everyday and on slow days I helped him catch flies to eat. He was so nice and was not scared of us. Thank you for the precious picture. FLFlyingW
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back