Found a stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHANA

Reaction score
Well I have been looking online for a non grey based stallion as I currently have 2 and found the stallion I have been looking for but at the moment do not have the money to buy him. He is everything I want in a stallion, one of my favourite colours to boot and his pedigree is spectacular. I e-mailed his owner to see if we can work something out. I will leave the name of the owner and horse name as well anonymous unless that person wishes to write here.

Have you every felt a little patter when you look at a horse and just had to buy that horse. I feel this way with this stallion. The only other horse I ever felt I really had to own was the stallion I lost over a year ago. I just have the same feeling I had when I first saw his picture. I am just hoping that we can work something out. Anyway I better go feed my horses. I'll drool over his picture later.
default_wink.png

Well I have been looking online for a non grey based stallion as I currently have 2 and found the stallion I have been looking for but at the moment do not have the money to buy him. He is everything I want in a stallion, one of my favourite colours to boot and his pedigree is spectacular. I e-mailed his owner to see if we can work something out. I will leave the name of the owner and horse name as well anonymous unless that person wishes to write here.
Have you every felt a little patter when you look at a horse and just had to buy that horse. I feel this way with this stallion. The only other horse I ever felt I really had to own was the stallion I lost over a year ago. I just have the same feeling I had when I first saw his picture. I am just hoping that we can work something out. Anyway I better go feed my horses. I'll drool over his picture later.
A year or two ago, a forum member, from a very prestigious farm, gave you a colt (one of your current stallions, "Kid") because you said couldn't afford to buy one and she wanted to help you out. He was to replace your stallion that got sick and passed away. Some people would have felt like they hit the lottery to have been given Kid, a gift to you from his breeder. If this doesn't work out, hopefully you will still appreciate how "horse lucky" you have been already
default_smile.png

My feeling is if you can't afford to buy the horse, you probably cannot afford to maintain him. What if he gets sick? I've had vet bills that are more than most minis actually cost and I take excellent care of our horses. But you never know when one will get sick or injured... or there will be a difficult birth.

Maybe you can sell some of your other horses to afford the new one? Or do some trading with the seller?

Hopefully all will work out for the best in the end.

AND, yes, I think we all have felt that "my heart is set on this horse" feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, I can afford to feed my horses since we don't have to buy hay, we grow our own and I just need to buy grain which is not that expensive here. A bag of Omolene 200 is like $12-$15 and my vet is great and knows if I do not have the money the day he comes, my next pay check he will get paid. I know all about mares with difficult births, sick horses, etc. I recently had a mare foal and had to have the vet out. The vet bill was about $300 which has been paid. When I say I can't afford to buy the horse doesn't mean I can't afford to take care of the horse, just that I don't have $2000 lying around. Not everyone does. As for offering to trade I did. I actually offered her a choice of 6 of my minis. Those 6 also are for sale(2 weanling AMHR fillies, one weanling AMHA/AMHR colt, one 2 year old AMHR mare, one 10 year old AMHA/AMHR mare and one mature AMHA/AMHR stallion).

As for Kid, well I just won't go there with the amount of money that stud has cost me. Though he is a gorgeous boy and I am excited to see what he produces next year. He just won first in miniature stallion halter, was Sr. Champion Stallion and then went on to be named Grand Champion Stallion over all breeds, including Saddlebreds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back