Found a new event for minis....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Well tonight I decided I better get cracking and get my junior stud in shape for an upcoming show in September. So I took dear Flash (Heart of the Storm) out and brought him onto the back lawn and decided to lunge the little guy. He is such a sweet stallion this one. We did great until he decided he wanted to try and eat grass as he ran. Never seen that one done,
ohmy.gif
until tonight and even at a full gallop while lunging, pretty good. Looked like a lawnmower made by Tim Alan or something. Anyway, Dancer, my senior stallion was watching all this from his pasture and I got the brain idea to lunge him too
wacko.gif
BUT thank GOD I thought to myself "best try this in his pasture" (smart move on my part). Lets just say that I now know that my Dancer would be perfect for THE RODEO! First I think he was nervous of the lunge whip but then he got defiant
yes.gif
and decided that maybe the lunge whip was going to bite him in the butt and was kicking out as he was trotting, quite the move. Then we progressed at a VERY animated TROT and then we decided we were going to be a Lippazaner for awhile, all four feet off the ground, that was cool AND THEN, we decided to try to break the Nascar record
ohmy.gif
with me trying to desperately hang on to the lunge line. I am so glad I never wrap the line around my hand, that is a no no in the best of times and this time, well lets say I could have been DRAGGED. I don't think I will attempt to drive Dancer for sometime, before we get the basics!
yes.gif

Mona, Mike was on the back deck watching and Makayla, our grandaughter, was on her swing set. I could hear Mike laughing as I was desperately trying to control Dancer in his Nascar laps when he decides he was going to RUN as fast and as hard as he could away from me. There is no way I could have ran with him at that speed to minimize the JOLT my arms and hands were going to take. What a doofus this horse was last night. Every time Dancer went up in the air like a crazed man, next year I am going to put him in the bronco classes at the Calgary Stampede
yes.gif
, Mike would yell out "Yeehaw". I could hear Makayla saying "what ya doing grandma?".

Afer I put him away I walked back to the house and looked at Mike and told him that laughing was going to cost him to build me a round pen for free lungeing
biggrin.gif

Oh yes Suzanne, Dancer is a good candidate for Liberty but at the moment that would be about it. I was thinking last night after this happen, can you imagine him pulling this while in harness
new_shocked.gif
I would have been DEAD! It's funny because this stallion has come such a long way from the way he was as a 2 and 3 year old BUT he is so very different than my other stud, Flash. I would LOVE to show Dancer at a show but I KNOW that he would go absolutely WILD with EXCITEMENT at all the "ladies" and a "comedy act" is not what I would like us to be remembered for at the show
yes.gif
I think we have some major work to do first, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle_E. said:
We did great until he decided he wanted to try and eat grass as he ran.  Never seen that one done, 
ohmy.gif
until tonight and even at a full gallop while lunging, pretty good.
435749[/snapback]

lol I work our horses 99% of the time in our indoor arena to keep them focas on me... put when i do train out side, all our horses eat the grass at a walk or stop.... but my midnight is the only one who can/will eat the grass at any pace!!!

he will be troting then put his head down, grap, bite, put head back up & eat, but his pace never changed, he never slows or stop paying attion(sp)!

Even at a canter
new_shocked.gif
but i don't work him that much any more

Back