Forum members in print!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Well, this is very exciting! Both Leia Gibson (HobbyHorse23) and I are published in the Miniature World Showcase this month! I wrote an article with accompanying photos about clicker training, and Leia wrote about selecting a CDE cart. She has lots of photos for her article!

I LOVE this magazine!!! It is beautifully laid out, and so high quality. If you have miniatures and haven't subscribed yet, I suggest you do. I really hope that Betty can keep it going, it has wonderful articles and is educational AND inspiring. Check it out! http://www.miniatureworldshowcase.com

Congratulations Leia and Amy
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Thank you, Jill! It was fun putting together the article. Leia came out and did the photos for me. I love to share clicker training!

I am really impressed with Leia's article. She has such a talent for writing and is an excellent researcher. If she focuses her energy in that direction, I feel she will be heard from in the publishing world some day.

I really look forward to reading the issue
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
Can't wait to read about the clicker training and Leia has a lot of information to share as well. I had an article awhile back in Equine Wellness and she gave me some info I used for it regarding CDE
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

We have one more member in print that hasn't been mentioned. Our Kaykay received a nice book review for her publication on Conformation in Minis in the current issue of the Miniature Horse World. Good job girls, all 3 of you!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats to all you!!

Ginny I had no idea there was a review?? thanks for letting me know!

Kay

ClickMini said:
I am really impressed with Leia's article. She has such a talent for writing and is an excellent researcher. If she focuses her energy in that direction, I feel she will be heard from in the publishing world some day.
default_blush.png
Gosh Amy, thank you! I found two copies of the issue in the mail when I got home from Happ's last night and ripped the package open with great excitement. Your article was fantastic! It was clear and funny and friendly and informative. I liked it (and of course Esprit looks great.
default_wink.png
)

The formatting they had to use to fit my looooong article in there made the picture placement a bit confusing even for me so while it's not much help in illustrating my points hopefully it will show the variety of turnouts in use in combined driving today. You'll see some familiar faces as there's me and Kody on the header image, Breanna Sheahan (Minihgal) and Fascination, JJay's Platinum from the back, Jleonard's Suzie from the back, and a lot of local NW drivers. Next time I think I'll give them fewer photos to choose from and provide captions! *LOL*

I'm still pretty happy with the text for my first try but already spotted one major error on page 34- it should read "The American Driving Society ruled that single equines under 99cm or approximately 39 inches at the withers..." Oops! :DOH! Ah well.

I also noticed a favorable book review of Jennifer Alisia Garrett Bryant's "Showmanship with Miniature Horses" in this issue and I'm pretty sure she's a forum member.

Leia

Got to add one more member in print: Me!

Had my first article published in the Miniature World Showcase "Speaking of Horses" about the history of phrases and expressions about horses. It all started because of a phrase my dad used: " You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink". And.....…… it wasn’t until I had teenagers, and horses of my own that I began to comprehend the real meaning of that expression.

So when my dad would look at us kids, shake his head and say, “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink,” he was actually using a proverb that had been cited as early as 1546. My research brought up a lot of other phrases we take for granted: an automobile still called a horseless carriage, a proverb accredited to St. Jerome in 400 A.D, "Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth ", and a quote by Abraham Lincoln in a 1864 speech “I can make a General in five minutes but a good horse is hard to replace”.

I've enjoyed reading all the articles, especially the issue on Buckeroo. Congratulations Leia, Amy and Kay-Kay. There are some wonderful photographs on the CDE article. In fact, all the photos in that magazine are outstanding, and they're all contributed by people who love horses, and miniatures in particular.

So, if you don't have a subscription to this wonderful magazine, it is well worth the small fee.

Yes, we are a prolific bunch! I read that magazine and all of the miniature publications cover to cover as soon as they arrive. LOL. I enjoyed the article about the origin of horse sayings!

I have KayKay's book, and also recommend it...it has a ton of good information in it for sure!

Congrats to you too Rose!! I would love to read that article and see where all those sayings came from.

thanks so much amy
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone for your comments. Just when my head is swelling a little
default_rolleyes.gif
, my husband breaks my bubble by saying, "Your article makes good filler for this magazine", and "How much did you get paid"! :DOH!
default_shutup.gif
default_nono.gif

So now I'm back to earth, and climbed off my "high horse", to the everyday world of cleaning stalls, mowing, and mixing feed! LOL!
default_xkngt.gif

Well, I can bust the "filler" comment at least!
default_biggrin.png
Betty told me this was the biggest issue yet and that she had to work really hard to cram everything in there. If she hadn't WANTED your article, she would have left it out to have more space. So good job!

(Have I reinflated your bubble at least a little yet?)
default_laugh.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back